Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new business venture....issue ordering your vdsl type broadband

Options
  • 07-01-2016 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi, my details are as follows:

area is upper end Newtownpark Avenue, Blackrock, Dublin. a physically most proximate cabinet/node for reference is Priory Park but there are others within service distance

I'm trying (unsuccessfully so far) to order your efibre product but I suspect this is a paperwork rather than a tech issue and can be easily resolved!

I'm new owner of a property at the above area where I'm shortly supposed to be opening a bakery/deli operation, proper line speed is a necessity as I will have large reliance on ecommerce side, proper modern POS system and also customer wifi, it's a unique offering but think along the lines of starbucks outlet and you have the idea. 

please note I'm also working as an enterprise tech for a large tier 1 company (datacentre environment) so I have strong WAN knowledge

I started the process by ordering a phone line as there was none present physically when the property came to me, Eir engineer attended and I made sure to personally meet him. I explained what was the future happening at the property and he figured that a new line and routing work ;the pole was required in order to make certain the property was being routed to the correct cabinet with portspace for your "E-fibre" offering, no problem I was assured and he did a nice job and left me with a working phone line and the instruction to call your sales team the following week top place the broadband order. However your online applet checker showed and still does show that efibre is not available at my address. 

I know the installer knew what he was doing and I believe he did do the relevant physical work discussed.

Unfortunately when I try to talk to one of your frontline sales staff about this issue I get a "computer says no" type response and I have yet to establish contact with anyone in a senior position to discuss further beyond getting a DSL line which unfortunately just won't cut it..in fact is potentially disastrous for the new business venture....which is why I am writing today.

I highly suspect this is a paperwork rather than a tech issue.

I know in the trade that spreadsheets sometimes don't match the physical reality and that this might be easily solved. I also highly suspect that if I was e.g. Starbucks there would not be a problem. 

I also know many of my physically immediate neighbours have efibre and I also have some local network info including cabinet numbers and port availability. 

There really should be no technical problem here.

Could one of the Eir reps please help?! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

martco wrote: »

area is upper end Newtownpark Avenue, Blackrock, Dublin. a physically most proximate cabinet/node for reference is Priory Park but there are others within service distance

I'm trying (unsuccessfully so far) to order your efibre product but I suspect this is a paperwork rather than a tech issue and can be easily resolved!

I'm new owner of a property at the above area where I'm shortly supposed to be opening a bakery/deli operation, proper line speed is a necessity as I will have large reliance on ecommerce side, proper modern POS system and also customer wifi, it's a unique offering but think along the lines of starbucks outlet and you have the idea. 

please note I'm also working as an enterprise tech for a large tier 1 company (datacentre environment) so I have strong WAN knowledge

I started the process by ordering a phone line as there was none present physically when the property came to me, Eir engineer attended and I made sure to personally meet him. I explained what was the future happening at the property and he figured that a new line and routing work ;the pole was required in order to make certain the property was being routed to the correct cabinet with portspace for your "E-fibre" offering, no problem I was assured and he did a nice job and left me with a working phone line and the instruction to call your sales team the following week top place the broadband order. However your online applet checker showed and still does show that efibre is not available at my address. 

I know the installer knew what he was doing and I believe he did do the relevant physical work discussed.

Unfortunately when I try to talk to one of your frontline sales staff about this issue I get a "computer says no" type response and I have yet to establish contact with anyone in a senior position to discuss further beyond getting a DSL line which unfortunately just won't cut it..in fact is potentially disastrous for the new business venture....which is why I am writing today.

I know in the trade that spreadsheets sometimes don't match the physical reality and that this might be easily solved. I also highly suspect that if I was e.g. Starbucks there would not be a problem. 

I also know many of my physically immediate neighbours have efibre and I also have some local network info including cabinet numbers and port availability. 

Hi martco

I am sorry to hear of this however if eFibre cannot be provided there is ultimately no route to appeal - there is no gurantee of eFibre and equally there's no universal obligation to provide it. There are quite a few reasons what eifbre may not be available to a line and we will be unable to offer you the technical reasoning to support.

I completely understand your views on this however I can assure you this is nothing personal and nothing to do with the segmentation of customer you may be.

If you would like to PM me the specific address and land line number I will be happy to see if there is anything I can do but in such cases where it cannot be provided by sales it will be unlikely I can offer a solution

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭martco

eir: Alan wrote: »

Hi martco

I am sorry to hear of this however if eFibre cannot be provided there is ultimately no route to appeal - there is no gurantee of eFibre and equally there's no universal obligation to provide it. There are quite a few reasons what eifbre may not be available to a line and we will be unable to offer you the technical reasoning to support.

I completely understand your views on this however I can assure you this is nothing personal and nothing to do with the segmentation of customer you may be.

If you would like to PM me the specific address and land line number I will be happy to see if there is anything I can do but in such cases where it cannot be provided by sales it will be unlikely I can offer a solution

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent
    thanks for looking into this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »

Hi martco

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent
    thanks for looking into this
    Thanks for your PM martco

I have looked in to this in detail and spoke to a member of Networks who has informed me your line is not served by an active VDSL cabinet (yet) - your line is served by a cabinet which has yet to be upgraded to VDSL (fibre) - it's name is PRP1_021. It's location is just where Newtown park avenue meets rockville road. I'm sorry to confirm that there is no forexast to the completion of this cabinet beyond expediencies that it should be within the next 12 months.

I'm sorry we can't offer better news martco

Al

Advertisement