Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent car dealers?

• 07-01-2016 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi, Has anyone had any positive experiences with car dealers in the Limerick area especially regarding after-sales?

Plenty of bad experiences I am sure but has anyone any positive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

So far My father has found Conlans BMW very good to deal with. He hasn't had to go back for any problem yet. Someone else I know that bought from them has had no issues anytime they had to go back to them for little tweaks.

I remember being out there one day and a women ripping into the girl on service department desk. From what I was hearing though it was the customer completely over reacting and making mountains out of mole hills. They handled her pretty well though.

Pat Tiernans were also very good to deal with when it came to my mothers car although she hasn't had to go back yet. The only issue we had was a delay in the car ordered but that was out of their hands as there was a huge back log.

Have plenty of bad experiences from other garages myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Have dealt with Pat Keogh and Limerick Motor Centre myself but had no issues with the cars (which says something I suppose) so cant comment on the after-sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My advice is find the right car first and then research the dealer selling it. For a list of cars being sold by dealers then have a look at the likes of carzone.ie, you can filter the search by county as well as make and model.

If your looking for a make or model recommendation then head over to the motors forum, you will get plenty of advice there.

Also if your buying a cheapish car then there is not much value in buying from dealers as a fair share of the price of the car is the dealer's profit margin. Also the cheaper the car from a dealer then the less warranty cover you will get from it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My brother's father in law has been dealing with Leonards for decades and has never had a problem with them, in fact he has recommended them to other people. I haven't had any dealings with them myself but knowing the man, that's very high praise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

How are conlans on covering the whole "major engineering flaw" on the x20d engines?? Major kudos if they'll push for goodwill money for the customer rather than denying the issue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

I have found Limerick Motor Centre to be very helpful on the rare occasion I needed some aftersales help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭White Clover

Dan Dooley car sales knocklong give good after sales service. I got a 6 month warranty with my current steed, 2 weeks after the warranty expired the alternator went kaput. Rang the salesman I bought from, they replaced the alternator with no questions asked.

Advertisement