Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote or Nest - what are my options?

Options
  • 07-01-2016 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am existing Electric Ireland customer, and was considering switching my Gas over so I could have a single bill for both.

I see some promo for free Climote, and installation for new customers.

Does this apply in my case?

If so;I am looking for advice on which system is best to go for (Climote or Nest) as I have a 3 ZONE heating system (Upstairs, Downstairs,Hot water) working off:
    ..all advice welcome

or if you need any more information from myself then please do not hesitate and ask

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Tinder Surprise,

Thanks for your interest in switching gas supply to Electric Ireland. Firstly, we just need to confirm something: is your home on the gas network line? We just need to advise that Electric Ireland gas supply would be via this rather than bottled gas.

Thanks,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Hi Tinder Surprise,

Thanks for your interest in switching gas supply to Electric Ireland. Firstly, we just need to confirm something: is your home on the gas network line? We just need to advise that Electric Ireland gas supply would be via this rather than bottled gas.

Thanks,
    Una

________

Currently with Bord Gais on the main gas line paying DD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Tinder Surprise,

Thanks for confirming that for us.
    I am existing Electric Ireland customer, and was considering switching my Gas over so I could have a single bill for both.

Your Electric Ireland electricity and gas bills would still remain separate in this case, as they would be issued in accordance with the electricity meter reading cycle (determined by ESB Networks) and the gas meter reading cycle (determined by Gas Networks Ireland).
    I am looking for advice on which system is best to go for (Climote or Nest) as I have a 3 ZONE heating system (Upstairs, Downstairs,Hot water)

In this case, we would recommend Climote, as it would be the most suitable choice for a three-zone heating system.
    I see some promo for free Climote, and installation for new customers.

Does this apply in my case?

If you are switching over your gas to Electric Ireland and becoming a new dual fuel customer, you would be eligible for the free Climote. It would involve a two year contract, which includes Climote, professional installation and 2 years of remote connectivity for free. See here for more information, or ring 1850 30 50 85 to buy now.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

thanks guys..

called the team and organised a call back when I have a meter (gas) reading to organise a switch over/Installation

chanced my arm and asked for a free boiler service thrown-in, but to no avail.

Ahhh well as me Granny used to say  "God loves a trier"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Tinder Surprise :)

Thanks for your message and thanks for making the switch!

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement