Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soreen bread

Options
  • 07-01-2016 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Anyone know where abouts you can get Soreen bread? It's available in the UK but very dear to get from there.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd never heard of it but I'll look out for it now, it looks nice.

Mod note: I've moved this into the main Food & Drink forum, it'll do better here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Available in Aldi as a special buy from Sunday :-)
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sun-10-jan/products-detail-page/ps/p/soreen-orange-malt-loaf/
    It's not the original malt one though.

Yes as pigtail33 posted I seen its available as a special buy in the aldi leaflet today but it's Infact a double pack :) 1 original malt loaf and 1 Orange loaf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The name takes me back to my Lancashire childhood. Can feel that sticky, malty texture with the almost molten sultanas...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I have seen it in Dealz on many occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked it up in Aldi today; a double-pack; 1 malt, 1 orange. €2.49.
    Hope you can still find some, OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I think bakers in the North call it Veda. Sometimes you see it down here. Try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You got my taste buds going so will seek tomorrow; Dealz and Aldi here I come

Advertisement