Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car service

Options
  • 07-01-2016 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I need to get the car serviced before the NCT and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a garage or company that will do a good job.

I recently moved here and I've never had my car serviced here. It's a 03 Fiesta.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

wrmwit wrote: »
    I need to get the car serviced before the NCT and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a garage or company that will do a good job.

I recently moved here and I've never had my car serviced here. It's a 03 Fiesta.

Thanks in advance.

Quickstop mechanics in Patrick Street Kilkenny. Very goid and affordable. Alot of Kilkenny taxi drivers go there which is always a good sign. I've no complaints and I get all work done to my car there. Savaged €165 on a new timing belt by going to Quickstop instead of the Opel bramch in Kilkenny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I use Tommy Campion on the Johnswell Road.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Mark Murphy motors across from mcdonagh junction have been very reliable for me, even gave me a courtesy car while waiting for a vital part to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I have used a few but have settled with Greg's Autofix in Irish town. Great service. Gives a full diagnostic read out with every service which is great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

James Travers garage in Hebron industrial estate has all the equipment (emissions, shocks, brake testers) to do a full pre nct. If you don't have all the equipment then it's just an educated guess as to whether the car will pass or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

speed garage in hebron are very good. They will collect/return your car from home or workplace. Not too expensive either. There located near top oil garage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Did we forget anyone?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

I wouldn't bother getting the car serviced before the NCT.
    Do the NCT first and then see what needs fixing.
    Could save you going to a garage twice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Rega wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother getting the car serviced before the NCT.
    Do the NCT first and then see what needs fixing.
    Could save you going to a garage twice.

Or it could save you going to the nct twice.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

toe_knee wrote: »
    I have used a few but have settled with Greg's Autofix in Irish town. Great service. Gives a full diagnostic read out with every service which is great

Best avoided this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Deathwish4 wrote: »
    Best avoided this crowd.

Can you qualify this statement with an explanation of what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Deathwish4 wrote:
    Best avoided this crowd.

Deathwish4 wrote:
    Best avoided this crowd.

Have been using them for a good few years now with no issue. Have recommended them to many an no one has had an issue.

Any reason for your statement

Advertisement