Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can compressed air

Options
  • 07-01-2016 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

http://www.dealz.ie/air-duster

Could you use this inside a PC? If not where would you get can of compressed air. B&M pref as in hurry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

That is a savage price!!!!

Usually buy em in bulk when Aldi have them. Very handy for cleaning PCs and keyboards (make sure its off :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    That is a savage price!!!!

Usually buy em in bulk when Aldi have them. Very handy for cleaning PCs and keyboards (make sure its off :P)

Do you have to spray it in to fresh air before using on your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

cnoc wrote: »
    Do you have to spray it in to fresh air before using on your PC?

blast away :)

carefully tho

http://www.pcworld.com/article/224328/how_to_clean_your_pc_inside_and_out.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I use those dealz ones on my retro computers,they are ok but they tend to spit out a little liquid propellant when first used and even if left unused for a while,I would deffo give them a quick blast away from the computer first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

http://www.dealz.ie/air-duster

Could you use this inside a PC? If not where would you get can of compressed air. B&M pref as in hurry

That seems to be the exact same one I have. I've used it on PC's no bother

1zvvmuh.jpg

Didn't know they had them in Dealz, never been in one before. Bought mine off ebay for like a fiver. Gonna stop by Dealz when I get a chance and grab a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yeah, they're safe.

Give them a spray off to the side first, watching the spray until the liquid stops coming out, and blast away.

I used a whole can on mine. I never dusted it before though, it was 6 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

someone on another thread suggest a hairdryer set to a slow and cold setting?

Yeah,i have heard of that being done,I ended up getting a little compressor which i use for airbrushing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Ive used those before and found them to be quite weak. Is it safe to use cotton buds to clean off the dust they dont get?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I get one of these every time I'm in the states, usually Walmart, savage pressure, suppose around €6/7

k2-_57df61c5-8d6e-43d5-9750-d88b6b7ec423.v1.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I bought one of these on ebay for something like 20 euro plus parcel motel:

Just do a search for mini blower.

Be careful with air compressors as theres moisture in the air they blow out, unless the model has an air filter.

Doge wrote: »

Be careful with air compressors as theres moisture in the air they blow out, unless the model has an air filter.

Can you link me to the particular one you bought?

How is it? Is it perfectly safe to use? Would be far handier and cheaper than using can after can of Compressed Air alright

jamescd wrote: »
    Can you link me to the particular one you bought?

How is it? Is it perfectly safe to use? Would be far handier and cheaper than using can after can of Compressed Air alright

This is the one, seems cheaper now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Portable-Dust-Leaf-Handheld-Air-Blower-100140-/281777532392?hash=item419b3fede8:g:Vc4AAOSwWnFV95MC

Make sure you tape down the fans or stick a pencil in them so they dont move, because spinning them can damage them.

People have speculated that the dust could build up static that could damage components but there hasnt been one single report of it happening or one warning against using a blower.

There is a very fancy blower called the Metro Datavac ED500 which costs about 120 euro, and you can see users that have used it here:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=datavac+ed500&rlz=1C9BKJA_enIE654IE654&oq=datavac+ed500&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65j0l3.4796j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&hl=en-US#hl=en-US&q=datavac+ed500+overclockers

Forgot to mention that it comes with 2 spare carbon brushes for the motor, which can easily be replaced by opening 2 black rubber covers.

I did notice a tiny bit of smoke from the motor the first time i used mine, its just because they use cheap carbon brushes. I didnt notice any smoke afterwards though,

Oh and the lead is quite short also, mayb only a metre in length, so youll need to use an extension socket if your socket is far from the computer.

This is the one, seems cheaper now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Portable-Dust-Leaf-Handheld-Air-Blower-100140-/281777532392?hash=item419b3fede8:g:Vc4AAOSwWnFV95MC

Make sure you tape down the fans or stick a pencil in them so they dont move, because spinning them can damage them.

People have speculated that the dust could build up static that could damage components but there hasnt been one single report of it happening or one warning against using a blower.

There is a very fancy blower called the Metro Datavac ED500 which costs about 120 euro, and you can see users that have used it here:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=datavac+ed500&rlz=1C9BKJA_enIE654IE654&oq=datavac+ed500&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65j0l3.4796j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&hl=en-US#hl=en-US&q=datavac+ed500+overclockers

That's mad cheap alright. £14 and free UK delivery, that's only about 23 yoyos including Parcel Motel.

How long have you had yours for? If it lasts even a year, that's still money well spent. I spend more than 23 quid on a single visit to McDonalds :pac:

Yeah i checked into that before I went to buy one,it has a filter.

Advertisement