Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices for Japan flight from Dublin

Options
  • 07-01-2016 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭

What's considered a "good price" for a flight to Japan from Dublin?

Anything less than €450 return?

Or is €450 fairly average?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

€450 return seems like a very good deal to me. Any time I look €700-ish seems to be the cheapest I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

I've never seen the price as low as €450 , I come here annually to my Besso mid November , booking three months in advance and stay the 90 days to mid February. (outward) Dub~Helsinki~Natrita , (return) Narita~London~Dublin €606....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I booked a flight 11 May - 30 May for €447 incl credit card fees on Turkish Airlines (DUB - TOKYO return)... seemed to be quite a few flights that price, so was curious if it was a "must book now" or "can wait a few days"

Clearly was the former!

Himmm. Turkish Airlines , I can understand them dropping their prices , I guess you'll have plenty of legroom and possibly have three seats all to yourself from Istanbul Atatürk to Tokyo.Be safe.

Also take into account the connection and time spent waiting at Instanbul.

shindig-jp wrote: »
    Himmm. Turkish Airlines , I can understand them dropping their prices , I guess you'll have plenty of legroom and possibly have three seats all to yourself from Istanbul Atatürk to Tokyo.Be safe.

Also take into account the connection and time spent waiting at Instanbul.

only 2 hours so not bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Generally the Turkish Airlines flights are much cheaper because they have quite long layovers but if it's only 2 hours that's a fantastic deal. I've been back and forth a good few times in the last few years and think 750e was the cheapest - I'm a very bad flyer though so I always prioritise trying to get there the shortest way possible, hence I usually end up paying a few extra euro :)

I agree, you certainly got yourself a bargain on that flight price €447. Here's another surprise for the sky high club. My J-friends daughter flew Tokyo~Dallas~Panama recently on UA. She informed me another choice was added to the dinner menu ...Can you believe this !!!!! Okonomiyaki......

skyscanner.ie is great, you can select "Search Whole Month" for the cheapest deals.

Then I usually proceed to the booking stage on several of the websites listed by skyscanner, and compare the credit card fees on each (that's usually where they catch you).

If I had a Mastercard this flight would have been €426 ... grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I managed to pick up a return flight from Dublin to Tokyo (Narita) for ¥38,440.00 (about €300.00) with Turkish Airlines and only a two hour lay over each way :D

I will be flying on April 8th 2016.

I have waited until now to start booking accommodation etc in case my flight would be cancelled (known to happen sometimes on an error fare).

Could anyone recommend the must sees in Japan? I'll have about two weeks in total. I'm open to travelling anywhere in Japan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

I managed to pick up a return flight from Dublin to Tokyo (Narita) for ¥38,440.00 (about €300.00) with Turkish Airlines and only a two hour lay over each way :D

I have waited until now to start booking accommodation etc in case my flight would be cancelled (known to happen sometimes on an error fare).

Could anyone recommend the must sees in Japan? I'll have about two weeks in total. I'm open to travelling anywhere in Japan :)

Myself and gf are going for 2 weeks in May.
    Tokyo x3 with sumo tournament
    Kyoto x 3 with Samurai training
    Nara/Wakayama region to do the Kudo Kumano (hike/pilgrimage). To mix up the city life a bit. Overnight.
    Mt. Koyo temple Koyasan region. Temple stay for a night or two.
    Back through Nara back to
    Osaka x2/3 before departing from there.

We were going to go to Hiroshima/Miyrohima but felt a bit rushed so recently cancelled.
    Hope it helps.
    Don't forget (seldom advertised) that Japan has some of the world's best theme parks.
    P.s. in April... Will there still be snow in north Tokyo?

• Advertisement

Turkish Airlines be pushing these cheap deals like there's no tomorrow (and maybe there isn't!)

Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka should have you covered for two weeks.

I'm going 3.5 weeks and throwing Okinawa in. Gotta get my Pacific Ocean fix into the mix.

Advertisement