Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wondering how much mines worth

Options
  • 07-01-2016 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Was just wondering if here would be an okay place to see how much my current build could be worth as, depending on the possible re-sale value I might build a new smaller form factor rig.

My current specs are:

Case: Nanoxia DS1
    Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO Gamer
    Cpu: intel i5 4690k
    Ram: 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz
    Drives: 1 tb seagate barracuda, 128gb adata ssd, 1tb hgst hdd
    Gpu: Strix 970
    Psu: Seasonic m ii evo 620

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

Case: €115
    Mobo: €140
    CPU: €240
    RAM: €40
    HDD (Seagate): €40-45
    HDD (Hgst): €45
    SSD: €55
    GPU: €390-400
    PSU: €80

TOTAL: €1160 (Taking all the highest values)

Second hand, I'd pay no more than 900ish for this.

EDIT: These prices were found on Amazon-UK & Mindfactory; there may be cheaper parts on a host of other sites but these are my most used.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheFlidKid

Thanks for that, you can guestamate about your own rig but you'd really need somebody else's two cents on an actual price!

TheFlidKid wrote: »
    Thanks for that, you can guestamate about your own rig but you'd really need somebody else's two cents on an actual price!

No problem, I know what you mean, and the sentiment of knowing you built it yourself adds a lot more to it to you than it does to someone else.

That's exactly it! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

quainys price is accurate, but you'd hit €1000 I'd say, they're fairly high quality parts.

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention I have a h80i cooler on top of that. Now the temptations are setting in haha

TheFlidKid wrote: »
    Forgot to mention I have a h80i cooler on top of that. Now the temptations are setting in haha

120mm (1 fan) or 240mm (2 fan) version?

120mm version is €85ish
    240mm version is €110-115ish

Adds quite a bit of secondhand value too, seeing as I was offering 900 on the basis that I would then be going out to buy something along this line.

Its the single 120 rad one, was thinking of upgrading just that, if anything just to get more surface area and make the rig that little bit quieter

Yeah, the 240mm version is a beast, a few friends of mine have been playing around with Skylake overclocking and I can't believe how cool they can keep that thing because they have it installed. Nice piece of kit, only 30-40 quid more for something that is, in my opinion, 60-70% more efficient.

• Advertisement

I haven't heard a whole lot about either of those, maybe I'm in a little corsair bubble or something :P

What I will say though, maybe try one of the many other sites that the guys usually post on here, although I have never personally had any problems with HWVS, it was in receivership for a while and things went a bit dodgy with people sending money and never receiving goods etc.

As I said earlier, I use mindfactory, which can be used in conjunction with geizhals (discount site) or Amazon.

Really? never heard anything about that. I recently recommended them to my friend over the Christmas and he ordered and received his full rig with no problems! That's only if you're still wondering haha. Geizhals is a great site too.

I like to try to use parts nobody else really has haha hence the case :P

Advertisement