Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Functional Assessment?

Options
  • 07-01-2016 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a physio (or S&C coach) for a full functional assessment for a triathlete.
    I've been advised by a coach I need to get an assessment done for shoulders, back, hip flexors, hamstrings, quads, glutes, calves, the lot. I also need to get a strength and flexibility program specific to my requirements.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

Have a look at Functional Training Ireland. they are base just off Fitzwilliam Sq, Dublin. Used them once before when I had an IT band issue and found them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Mark McCabe came across as good and knowing his stuff when I heard him at a talk once. Not sure where in Dublin he's based.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I've found Aidan Woods at the Pearse St physio clinic to be excellent - although not much use to you if you can't get there easily. Aidan is a former runner and works with lots of triathletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

pgibbo wrote: »
    Mark McCabe came across as good and knowing his stuff when I heard him at a talk once. Not sure where in Dublin he's based.

Mark is on Kildare Street in Dublin City centre. Excellent physio, worked with a lot of the top athletes in the country and used to be with Leinster Rugby too.

http://sportsmedireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Thanks for the replies.

Mark McCabe was mentioned to me already so I will contact sportsmed.
    Will make enquires to all of them though. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement