Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank screen on boot.

Options
  • 07-01-2016 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

PC is turning on, all fans are running, but nothing on screen. I've checked all connections internal and external, but no joy. Any ideas where to start trouble shooting?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Connect your monitor up to a different device to rule that out? What display options do you have? (vga, hdmi, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Connect your monitor up to a different device to rule that out? What display options do you have? (vga, hdmi, etc)

Already tried that. I was connected to one monitor by VGA and then connected to a HDMI one. Not the monitor :(

Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Most likely ram has blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Open THE case ,
    remove the motherboard battery,
    this resets the bios to default settings.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/131623/how-to-clear-your-computers-cmos-to-reset-bios-settings/

wait 5 minutes ,replace battery ,reboot pc.
    i tried it with my pc ,it worked .

screen was just black ,before i fixed it.
    put battery back in holder EXACTLY as before ,
    plus ,minus symbol ,in the same place,
    facing up,or down .
    battery is silver, about 0.5 inch wide , circular.

Advertisement