Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the open college

Options
  • 07-01-2016 9:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hello all,
    looking for some help and feedback.

I am very interested in doing the advanced business management course via distance learning with the open college.

It is a full level 6 award and takes 12months to complete.

Just wondering has anyone done this course and how was it?

Were the tutors helpful and quick to get in touch?

Are the assignments easy to follow?

What is the open college in general like to deal with?

Any help greatly appreciated
    thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

Hello anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sabinalee

Hello anyone?

Did you started Thatcher course?

sabinalee wrote: »
    Did you started Thatcher course?

Thatcher course?

When I first posted here 7 months ago we had a 2 month old, work and parenting got on top of me! Haha.the better half had to have an operation too a month ago, all good.so I just got my first module in the post today.

It is advanced business management level 6 is the course.so opened the post, had a flick through, its overwhelming and a whole big load of module! GGoing to be a lot of work in it but I'm sure when I get going in will be fine

Jesus, Buddha, superman if you're up there?

Sorry, should be that course :D having 2 dictionary in my phone :)

Glad all is finally working good for you.
    I'm a mother of 2 kids, working shifts and thinking about do major awarded course.
    Only one way I can see could work is a distance learning.

I was managing small company years ago. Place closed down and I work now in totally different area vwhich I don't like. Sometimes we have no choice...

So I wish
    Is this only online or the exams must be take in Dublin?

Course is on special price now...nearly 1000e.

How do you finding communication with Open College?

Sorry for so many questions.

But the first step is the hardest.

Sorry, should be that course :D having 2 dictionary in my phone :)

Glad all is finally working good for you.
    I'm a mother of 2 kids, working shifts and thinking about do major awarded course.
    Only one way I can see could work is a distance learning.

I was managing small company years ago. Place closed down and I work now in totally different area vwhich I don't like. Sometimes we have no choice...

So I wish
    Is this only online or the exams must be take in Dublin?

Course is on special price now...nearly 1000e.

How do you finding communication with Open College?

Sorry for so many questions.

But the first step is the hardest.

Fair play to ya lady.fair play
    The only communication i had so far was paying them and getting emails saying :this is your tutor, this is your course, this is what we need back.

So not much communication so far.only flicked through the stuff they sent earlier.looks intense.I will keep you updated for sure after the weekend when I start studying.module 1 is biblical in size, the reading material that is.you got 6 weeks to do it.so it is pretty intense looking.

It's been a special price of 999 for ages.add on another 135 for administration.they don't tell you that til you click through the payment pages.you can sign up and not start until you send back your student profile page they email to you.that's what I did because I thought the price would go up, turns out it didn't.

Sorry, no exams all assignments and project work

• Advertisement

Yes, please update me how you getting on with first module :) Think I will be that brave too and start soon....:)

Yes, please update me how you getting on with first module :) Think I will be that brave too and start soon....:)

It's very long.very long.tried to throw myself into it a few times but it's tough with time and all that but ill get there.did you make the first step?

It's very long.very long.tried to throw myself into it a few times but it's tough with time and all that but ill get there.did you make the first step?

You go girl :)

September I think will do it :)
    Why did they send you a paper copy instead do it online.
    For me this is only one option, to read online while I have a breaks at work close to PC and in my bed, where laptop would be so much easier to use..

You go girl :)

September I think will do it :)
    Why did they send you a paper copy instead do it online.
    For me this is only one option, to read online while I have a breaks at work close to PC and in my bed, where laptop would be so much easier to use..

I'm a man last time I checked! Haha!

They emailed it to me too, then I received it in the post.i asked to receive it in the post when I signed up.my eyes would melt if I had to read 54million pages off a screen! And that's just the first module! You still type it up and either email or post it back.

I'm a man last time I checked! Haha!

They emailed it to me too, then I received it in the post.i asked to receive it in the post when I signed up.my eyes would melt if I had to read 54million pages off a screen! And that's just the first module! You still type it up and either email or post it back.

Uppps :) my apologies :D

If the letter font size is big enough, I could read a hard copy too. My vision isn't good. On the screen you settings on whatever vsize you want.

54 million pages...? :D that course sounds really advanced :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 robertmck89

Hi I am thinking about starting this course very soon with the open college and I'm just wondering how are you finding it? Is the course work easy to follow? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Hi I am thinking about starting this course very soon with the open college and I'm just wondering how are you finding it? Is the course work easy to follow? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Still on first module, nearly finished it.should be in the next week or 2.its a hard slog working full time and a baby but I know it will be worth it

First module is easy to follow and with good information given but it is very very long

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chloeg19

Hi

did you get through the first module? Mine is finance and I'm finding it so difficult (non finance background).
    Do you have to do an exam too?

Advertisement