Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a Nurse..

Options
  • 07-01-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi!
    I would greatly appreciate if anyone could give me some information on this!

I am extremely interested in entering general nursing at some time in the near future and at the moment I am looking into going to the UK to avail of the free fees under the NHS as I have already undertaken a full degree in Ireland!

Has anyone on here gone down this route beforehand, if so would you have any advise to give?

Also I am looking to boost my own experience in the area and was hoping for any tips in doing so, would the best route to go down be volunteering in a nursing home or would there be some opportunities available in hospitals? I was looking into some on-line courses also and was hoping to see if anyone has any recommendations or if you think there is much to gain by doing one?

Thank you in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

What is your nursing/caring experience already?
    The NHS will pay the bursary but they do not educate you, it's the uni you have to impress. You will need to apply through UCAS so dig out your CAO form and adapt it as required.
    If you're serious then try for 2016 entry, doubt there will be a bursary for much longer, govt are thinking of scrapping it in 2017.

Advertisement