Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to insert a video into a video

Options
  • 07-01-2016 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking for free software/advice that will allow me to insert a video into a video at specific points and location on the screen, it will be covering the onscreen screen if you understand. I usually use Youtube video editor for videos but this is beyond its capabilities unfortunately. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Do you mean cover over a screen thats in the shot?

If so, was the shot done with a hand held camera or on a tripod?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Splinters wrote: »

No I have video of someone watching tv. I want to insert something in the portion of the screen where the tv is for humorous effect.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kidfromkibbly

CoreMelt's motion tracking plugins are excellent. I've used them very successfully in FCP X. You can read about them.

Google 'CoreMelt TrackX'. I can't insert links yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Adobe premiere can do a basic version of this, it allows basic tracking as well. If there are people walking in front of the TV blocking it and walking away again things get more complicated and you need something like after effects.

Premiere is pretty straightforward to use. After effects is anything but straightforward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Ok, I'll give those a shot cheers, no the tv is stationary and I was going to cut out any movement in front of it as I assumed it would be way to complex for the amount of hours I want to spend doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ok, I'll give those a shot cheers, no the tv is stationary and I was going to cut out any movement in front of it as I assumed it would be way to complex for the amount of hours I want to spend doing it.
    Premiere is plenty for that. I think you can get it on a monthly subscription now as well, I don't know if they expect you to buy it for a year though. Or just find an older version. I think CS5 was the last one before it turned into a cloud service.

Premieres masks can be a bit basic, but if you have photoshop you can make a nice mask in there and apply it in premiere using the "image matte key" effect.

Advertisement