Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insulation

• 07-01-2016 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I am looking for some recommendations for insulation installers in the Leitrim(or Sligo)area. We live a 20 year old dormer house which needs it insulation upgraded. I received 2 quotes so far, one from a national company to pump the walls with bonded bead and 300mm fibreglass in the attic/side crawl areas and another quote from a local company to again pump the walls but install spray "foam" style insulation in the side attics. Both companies quoted almost the same price however the local company are not registered for the SEAI grant. I would like to know has anyone feedback on the advantages of spray foam over fibreglass in the attics and would the lack of SEAI approval put you off the well established local company?

Advertisement