Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with overcharging, bills and leaving Eircom

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

beauf wrote: »
    There is a problem with the comreg system if cases can be closed with no confirmation from the complainant. 
    I had the same issue with my complaint with Meteor, they told comreg a refund had been issued but i never received it and i had to contact comreg and get the case reopened - the case should remain open until the refund is received imo, as it is plain to see that the company in question can just claim the refund has issued to have the case closed and make it appear that they are complying with comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

These problems seem to be systemic with the mobile companies, and broadband providers. In Ireland. These forums are full of the same complaints over and over.

They operate with impunity. That's the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

soups05 wrote: »
    Hi again Pamela, it has now been 13 working days and still no cheque, it was supposed to arrive within ten working days. This may seem a little impatient but to be honest allowing ten days was a stretch in the first place.

Any way you can chase this up and find out what is happening with it? 

I posted this last Thursday and still waiting for a response. Also still waiting for a cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi again Pamela, it has now been 13 working days and still no cheque, it was supposed to arrive within ten working days. This may seem a little impatient but to be honest allowing ten days was a stretch in the first place.

Any way you can chase this up and find out what is happening with it? 

I posted this last Thursday and still waiting for a response. Also still waiting for a cheque.
    Hi  soups05,

Your cheque refund has been processed.

-Pamela 

I realise it has been processed, I received the phone call saying it had been processed and I would have it within ten days. That was 15 working days ago and still no cheque which is why I posted yet again inquiring about it. Rest assured if I receive it i shall be posting here and informing anyone who is bothered enough to read the thread.    

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,971 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very shoddy treatment of customers here. Bare-faced lies told and the cheque has not arrived as yet after so long.

I realise it has been processed, I received the phone call saying it had been processed and I would have it within ten days. That was 15 working days ago and still no cheque which is why I posted yet again inquiring about it. Rest assured if I receive it i shall be posting here and informing anyone who is bothered enough to read the thread.    
    The lead time is 30 working days once it has been processed soups05.
    No problem, please do let us know as soon as you receive it.

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

The lead time is 30 working days once it has been processed soups05.
    No problem, please do let us know as soon as you receive it.

-Pamela 
    30 working days post processing time? Are you growing the tree to make the cheque paper out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

the cheque is being posted in Ireland to a person in Ireland, and that takes 30 days.  :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

johndoe99 wrote: »
    the cheque is being posted in Ireland to a person in Ireland, and that takes 30 days.  :eek:
    Correction: 30 working days. As an example, if I sent you something today and it took 30 working days, you should receive it around the 8th of November.

Shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

endagibson wrote: »
    Correction: 30 working days. As an example, if I sent you something today and it took 30 working days, you should receive it around the 8th of November.

Shocking.

Actually as soup05 had been told by Eircon on the 1st of April that the cheque had been issued, the Eircon 30 working day waiting period is actually 8 months in the real world!

Eircon: treating customers with absolute contempt for more years than I care to remember!

But here is the catch, they informed me that it would arrive within ten working days. But of course they said this over the phone so there is no record of it. This is why i was insisting on written communication so it could be recorded. 

oh and now they have a new bank transfer process which they can use, but apparently they choose not to in this case.  

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I knew Eir were bad but this is unbelievably poor, should be used as a case study in how not to treat your customers, anything less then a limbo arriving with a cheque + compensation for all the time you wasted and a huge apology would be an insult at this point.  Confirms to me I'm right when I tell people never to get Eir installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

I too have been charged for 'unlimited broadband'. When I queried it I was told 'it's unlimited up to a point'. I genuinely laughed at the rep as he tried to reel off something he'd been told in a sales meeting or somewhere. Unlimited plan but I had excessive use. Hung up and signed to Sky, a proper unlimited service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

Best of luck soups05, I'm a mobile customer and will be leaving when my contract is up (I've a bit of a wait unfortunately). Their billing system seems to be a mess and I could never recommend them to anyone else. Had an issue with wrong addresses, undercharging and overcharging as well as the random your service will be cut off text messages which I was told to ignore after inquiring why I was receiving them. Can't fault the mobile network they have however, just a pity the rest of their service is a shambles and they dont seem to be able to resolve issues quickly when they arise.

pawrick wrote: »
    Best of luck soups05, I'm a mobile customer and will be leaving when my contract is up (I've a bit of a wait unfortunately). Their billing system seems to be a mess and I could never recommend them to anyone else. Had an issue with wrong addresses, undercharging and overcharging as well as the random your service will be cut off text messages which I was told to ignore after inquiring why I was receiving them. Can't fault the mobile network they have however, just a pity the rest of their service is a shambles and they dont seem to be able to resolve issues quickly when they arise.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]pawrick,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear this. Is there anything I can help you with?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 51,971 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

kbannon wrote: »
    endagibson wrote: »

Shocking.

Actually as soup05 had been told by Eircon on the 1st of April that the cheque had been issued, the Eircon 30 working day waiting period is actually 8 months in the real world!

Eircon: treating customers with absolute contempt for more years than I care to remember!
    That bit is ironic and not a bit funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 becks57

I've had similar issues with for and have just spent two hours on the phone to them in the past two days you can request to have your call played back if you know the date and such that rang them I would definitely advise doing so if they can't provide you with the call back get back on to comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Andriusa

Thats just horrible.

Thanks soups05, I didn't know that there is an organisation like comreg to solve these issues. Will be contacting them in the next few days regarding my issue as I see no end with EIR directly.

Andriusa wrote: »
    Thats just horrible.

Thanks soups05, I didn't know that there is an organisation like comreg to solve these issues. Will be contacting them in the next few days regarding my issue as I see no end with EIR directly.
    they are a total waste of time, a toothless watch dog, all thay can do is watch. :(  Eir told them i had been reunded and they closed the case, i emailed them again and explained I had not received the refund so they mailed back saying they will contact Eir. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Andriusa

Andriusa wrote: »
    Thats just horrible.

they are a total waste of time, a toothless watch dog, all thay can do is watch. :(  Eir told them i had been reunded and they closed the case, i emailed them again and explained I had not received the refund so they mailed back saying they will contact Eir. 
    Still better then nothing I guess. As in my case I hit the dead-end and I don't even think that what they do is legal.

Your story is really something... It was a really smart decision to communicate in writing as at least you can pinpoint what they said.

I wish people looked at these stories more, but I think you don't think much about it until it happens to yourself!

final update

it arrived!

After 14 months of pure and utter BS I finally have my refund cheque. 

No matter what happens,no matter what the deal, even if they offer to pay me to change back. I will never,ever use Eir again, and will spend the rest of my life complaining about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

final update

it arrived!

No matter what happens,no matter what the deal, even if they offer to pay me to change back. I will never,ever use Eir again, and will spend the rest of my life complaining about them.
    this forum is full of posts about how bad Eir are, makes you wonder how they are still in business, that somebody has not shut them down.

final update

it arrived!

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the update [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]soups05.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Glad you finally received your refund.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration & I'm genuinely sorry about your poor customer journey. I will be sure to relay your feedback back the relevant teams. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Sorry for bumping an old thread, is there any chance one of you reps can arrange for the texts and emails to stop. apparently i still owe eir 395 euro. its been a few months now and they are still arriving despite me closing the acc in august 15. 

thank you

Sorry for bumping an old thread, is there any chance one of you reps can arrange for the texts and emails to stop. apparently i still owe eir 395 euro. its been a few months now and they are still arriving despite me closing the acc in august 15. 

thank you
    No worries  soups05. Can you PM me your details again & I'll check this for you.

-Pamela 

Advertisement