Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into freelance arch-viz

Options
  • 08-01-2016 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys, I hope this is the right forum.
    First, I'm a very competent 3ds Max modeler. A couple of weeks ago I bumped into an old school friend by chance who is now a qualified architect. He mentioned that there is a lot of demand for low fidelity renders of small commercial premises. I've tried to contact him since but can't get in touch.

So my question is this. If I wanted to generate a bit of dosh from this (and I do have the skillz) how would I go about finding clients? Obviously creating a few renders myself to show off would be a good start I suppose. But how do I make my services known to potential clients?

This post is pretty specific to those that are already working in architecture/development. I think most of the general business questions I can find answers to in existing threads.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

This is a sales and marketing issue, the service offered is irrelevant other than the segment targeting. I would not look to those in the architectural sector for such advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭reniwren

Would have thought it would be pointless in doing renders, unless their created with a BIM orientated software like Revit or Archicad, therefore having the building materials in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Temppe

Reniwren this chap tells me that these are for rudimentary renders just to get planning permission or to give a general indication at an early stage of the project. I'm no expert myself on the process of building!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You would be better off asking someone in the business - look in the Construction and Planning Forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=876

Advertisement