Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilly starts

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

In the end I took a day off work. Not sure what the roads were like at 7am but the missus said they were ok at 9am. Feel like I've wasted a day now. Weather event was defo overhyped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

In the end I took a day off work. Not sure what the roads were like at 7am but the missus said they were ok at 9am. Feel like I've wasted a day now. Weather event was defo overhyped.

Sure perfect time for a spin so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

These Met Eireann yellow and orange alerts aren't worth a crap.

I'm convinced Met Eireann get their forecasts by shaking a magic 8 ball. They sure as hell don't use science anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭MSVforever

My driveway was like an icerink this morning (around 6am).Bike stayed put obviously.

Was turning the car around to get out of the estate and was sliding across the road. Thank god nothing was in the way.
    Main roads were grand though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I took the bike to work Tue / Wed / yesterday

Tues was a bit gusty, but nothing serious. Left work (near the airport) at 4am this morning and it wasn't that bad coming back 26 miles, even into the estate.

Has to be a lot worse than it has been (or I'm feeling charitable on the odd day to give to toll trolls) before I park up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

The road in front of my work place was icy, and the carpark itself was covered in ice. If I had driven in I would have gone flying as soon as I made that turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

Just spent two days in Lille. Minus two and a load of hardy bucks riding in jeans and light jackets.
    We must all be softies here ( or maybe not masochists? )
    It was dry though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,356 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

According to the weather forecasts we were going to be blown off the roads this week, I ride on a very exposed road on the way home and on the worst evening it was little more than a breeze :rolleyes: sometimes too much info is too much

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

According to the weather forecasts we were going to be blown off the roads this week, I ride on a very exposed road on the way home and on the worst evening it was little more than a breeze :rolleyes: sometimes too much info is too much

Took the car to work as the weather forecast on the radio mentioned ICE. Left Dublin at midnight at it was 5 degrees and slight drizzle:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement