Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Water Source for Eastern&Midlands Region-Consultation Day Strand Hotel,Jan 12th

• 08-01-2016 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Irish Water are having a consultation day on the "New Water Source for Eastern and Midlands Region" in the Library Room of the Limerick Strand Hotel, next Monday 12th January from 2pm - 8pm.

One assumes the topic of this so called consultation is the use of Lough Derg and/or the Parteen Basin to supply Dublin with water rather than dealing with the actual reasons why Dublin uses so much water.

http://www.water.ie/about-us/project-and-plans/projects/water-supply-project/

If anyone has objections to the proposal this is the place to go. I for one will be there objecting strenuously to the plan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Bicycle wrote: »
    I for one will be there objecting strenuously to the plan.

On what grounds?

We are not exactly short of water in the lake?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you want to debate the issue at hand there are plenty of forums on here to discuss it, besides the fact that the meeting is taking place in a hotel in Limerick I'm struggling to see the need for a discussion on this in the Limerick forum so I'm locking the thread but leaving the thread here in case anyone wants to go to the meeting.

Please note that I've edited the thread topic from "Diverting Lough Derg to Dublin Water Supplies" to "New Water Source for Eastern and Midlands Region - Strand Hotel,Jan 12th"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I am re-opening this thread, please note that this is the Limerick Regional Forum, it's not for discussion on Infrastructure projects, on areas in other counties, on Irish Water or any such discussion, unfortunately discussions like this in the past have led to a lot of moderator actions so this thread will be dealt with very harshly for anyone who steps out of line (i.e. bans rather than cards). Please take this as the only warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Bicycle wrote: »
    Irish Water are having a consultation day on the "New Water Source for Eastern and Midlands Region" in the Library Room of the Limerick Strand Hotel, next Monday 12th January from 2pm - 8pm.

One assumes the topic of this so called consultation is the use of Lough Derg and/or the Parteen Basin to supply Dublin with water rather than dealing with the actual reasons why Dublin uses so much water.

http://www.water.ie/about-us/project-and-plans/projects/water-supply-project/

If anyone has objections to the proposal this is the place to go. I for one will be there objecting strenuously to the plan.

It doesn't say anything on the link you provided that the meeting is on this evening?

Advertisement