Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing for a delivery

Options
  • 08-01-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can help.

I bought an item online and basically the place I bought it off messed me around. Its a long story.. After a couple of attempts to pick it up at the store they promised to deliver it my workplace yesterday. It never arrived.

I emailed them last night to tell them I no longer needed it and wouldnt be in work to sign for it. Im afraid they might still try to deliver it by gwtting someone else to sign for it.

Are they entitled to get someone else to sign for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Usually delivery to the premises is enough. Why not let your colleagues know there may be a personal delivery for you and to refuse delivery.
    In any case as you bought online you legally have 14 days from delivery to return the goods without for a no-quibble full refund. You may be responsible for return shipping but as you seem to be fairly close to the shop you could just drop it back to them in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Usually delivery to the premises is enough. Why not let your colleagues know there may be a personal delivery for you and to refuse delivery.
    In any case as you bought online you legally have 14 days from delivery to return the goods without for a no-quibble full refund. You may be responsible for return shipping but as you seem to be fairly close to the shop just drop it back to them in person.

Ok thanks for your help. The nature of the reception area is that anyone could be there at any given time.

If I receive it I can drop it into the shop.

Cheers

Advertisement