Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale - Unused New Balance MD500 v3 Mid-Distance Spikes - Size 10 fit

Options
  • 08-01-2016 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

New Balance MD500 v3 Mid-Distance Spikes w/ 6mm spikes/spike key!

They’re listed as size 11, but they're far too tight for me.

I’ve since replaced them with a size 11.5 and even they’re quite tight so, unless you like quite tight spikes, I’d recommend them for someone who takes size 10 - but might fit size 10.5.

I had tried these on in the shop I bought them in, but they’re just too tight for comfort.

Have not been worn in anger for any training/racing, etc, but I did wear them around the house to see if I could bear the fit.

Description http://www.newbalance.com/pd/md500v3-spike/MMD500-V3.html#color=Dynamite_with_Electric%20Blue&width=D

Actual pic:

PwT26s3.jpg

€40 - would prefer not to have to post.

Any queries on-thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

I believe I might be your target market here as a size 10/10.5 middle distance runner. :) The sole might be a bit narrow for my liking. I find sometimes with the new balance runners that they tend to bias towards the instep and I don't feel comfortable running in them. I actually got some New Balance XC spikes and wore them in a race on Saturday for the first time and found this to be a bit of an issue.

If you don't hear from anyone else that's interested, I wouldn't mind trying them on and see how they feel. I'm sure I could meet you in the park some Saturday morning or something.

Is this your track spike of choice or are you just trying them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

You're more than welcome to try them out - take them for a test session on our track if you're bored of the grass some Saturday! Based on your prior experience of NB though, you could possibly find them a bit narrow.

I bought a pair of Saucony Endorphins (the MD4s) for track last year, but got injured before I could ever use them, so I'm hoping they'll be my spike of choice this summer.

Before then, I used Brook's The Wire for track in 2014, which I got from The Run Hub and is now my xc spike of choice. Very light, and quite roomy - definitely not an aggressive spike. I found it perfect for xc. But I'm not sure what the latest version is like.

I may not make Athlone on Saturday, so could be around this weekend, but will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Sacksian wrote: »
    You're more than welcome to try them out - take them for a test session on our track if you're bored of the grass some Saturday! Based on your prior experience of NB though, you could possibly find them a bit narrow.

I bought a pair of Saucony Endorphins (the MD4s) for track last year, but got injured before I could ever use them, so I'm hoping they'll be my spike of choice this summer.

Before then, I used Brook's The Wire for track in 2014, which I got from The Run Hub and is now my xc spike of choice. Very light, and quite roomy - definitely not an aggressive spike. I found it perfect for xc. But I'm not sure what the latest version is like.

I may not make Athlone on Saturday, so could be around this weekend, but will let you know.

Yea, would be good to try them on sometime anyway. I'm hoping to run the 1500 in the Indoor League at the end of the month so maybe we could meet up for a middle distance session or two in the mean time.

I'll probably stick with the Adidas for the races this year. Stood me well during the track and the XC season last year. Might go for these, although they are a tad on the expensive side

Adidas adizero MD 2

resizer-9.aspx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

Are these still up for sale?

Advertisement