Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi Band 1S for 20 EUR shipped

Comments

Are these waterproof? Is it all synced through the app and do you have to be connected to wifi/data all the time?

waterproof - fine for wearing in the shower and light swimming /bathing in my experience.

synced through app - through bluetooth. bluetooth needs to be on when you want to sync. doesn't use wifi or data.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Excellent. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Smart Unlock working fine as well. Happy with it so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Does the feature where you bring the band up to eye level, like looking at a watch, to get the lights to blink so you know where you are roughly steps wise, still work?

I had my technique down to a tea on the old band but can't seem to get it to work with the newer one.

adox wrote: »
    Does the feature where you bring the band up to eye level, like looking at a watch, to get the lights to blink so you know where you are roughly steps wise, still work?

I had my technique down to a tea on the old band but can't seem to get it to work with the newer one.

Doesnt look like working for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Doesnt look like working for me.

Worked a couple of times, but not consistently, easier to check app on phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Yeah, it definitely still works but it's a pain to get it first time so I never use it.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Yeah, it definitely still works but it's a pain to get it first time so I never use it.

yes it's a minor issue and the feature itself is not that useful. If you practice you can get it to do it consistently but it's not really worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I know with the original mi band, with coloured LEDs you could assign a LED to blink a different colour depending on what notification you had. On the 1S, there are no colours, but there are three white LEDs, I wonder why it isn't possible to assign notifications to each LED. So for example, one LED could mean SMS, 2 LED could mean a missed call, and 3 LEDs could mean an email notification. At the moment I don't use the lights for anything at all...

That's a great idea. I'll drop the developer of mi band notifications an email. Dunno if it's possible but he added an "ignore sleep time" setting for reminders for me already. He's great at responding.

EDIT:
    Hi,
    sorry but this suggestion can't be added, due to mi band firmware limitation. But I have a nice news, I've added a new option to allow turn on leds also for custom vibration pattern. Just a small improvement. You still cannot customize led.
    I attach you new beta version
    Thank you

If anyone wants the new beta version, PM me but he normally has it up on the store within a day or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

quickest place to get this from now? thanks

sweetie wrote: »

Yeah I completely forgot to buy this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

sweetie wrote: »

I ordered one from here on 01/03 which arrived on Friday to my Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The app was updated today with a big update on iOS including a redesign of the interface. It's a big 2.0 update but unfortunately won't open for me on the latest iOS update. Constantly crashes to the home screen so be cautious updating. It's an iPhone 5c so other devices might be fine.

DubDJ wrote: »
    The app was updated today with a big update on iOS including a redesign of the interface. It's a big 2.0 update but unfortunately won't open for me on the latest iOS update. Constantly crashes to the home screen so be cautious updating. It's an iPhone 5c so other devices might be fine.

Yeah same on 5s for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Same for me on iPhone 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Update working fine for me on iphone 6 plus running 9.2.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Fine for me on iPhone 5s with 9.2.1

Weird its still crashing for me. maybe I`ll uninstall and reinstall it.

Weird its still crashing for me. maybe I`ll uninstall and reinstall it.

I tried that and it allows you to set up the app and use most of the features but whenever the band tries to sync the app crashes. So I'd imagine that's where the bug is. Turning off Bluetooth and the app keeps running.

• Advertisement

I tried that and it allows you to set up the app and use most of the features but whenever the band tries to sync the app crashes. So I'd imagine that's where the bug is. Turning off Bluetooth and the app keeps running.

Its working for me now after uninstalling it.

Guy in work here also had it crashing on him since the update but then started working again this morning of its own accord.

Is there much to the update? No sign of it on Android yet

Its working for me now after uninstalling it.

Guy in work here also had it crashing on him since the update but then started working again this morning of its own accord.

Might try uninstalling again to see if it can fix it. Still crashing for me at the moment.

What's the sleep analyser like? I'm a terrible sleeper.

maximoose wrote: »
    Is there much to the update? No sign of it on Android yet

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/mi-fit/id938688461?mt=8
    What's New in Version 2.0.0

After several months of hard work we're really excited to finally present Mi Fit 2.0.

We've completely redesigned Mi Fit:

• Status: all personal data is now here. You can understand your body and activity stats at a glance.

• Play: loads of fun stuff all in one place. And even more to come. Stay tuned!

• Profile: manage your smart devices and personal settings in an easy way.

2.0 is a new start for Mi Fit. We're working on even more features. It's worth the wait!

I'm really surprised this update didn't hit Android first, especially considering Xiaomi has it's own brand of Android phones.

What's the sleep analyser like? I'm a terrible sleeper.

I find it pretty accurate at nailing time I fell asleep, "deep sleep" time I'm not sure how it calculates but I'm never more than 1hr per night according to it - probably right though as I'm quite a light sleeper.

One thing it is a bit inconsistent with though - pretty much every night I'll get up at 4am to feed the cat, then go back to sleep. Some days it recognises that and some days it doesnt at all.

get up at 4am to feed the cat.

You are the cat's pet.

I find the sleep analyser to be pretty accurate alright.
    The nights it tells me I got more or less deep sleep than usual, I can really feel the difference with how I've woken up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I find it pretty accurate at nailing time I fell asleep, "deep sleep" time I'm not sure how it calculates but I'm never more than 1hr per night according to it - probably right though as I'm quite a light sleeper.

One thing it is a bit inconsistent with though - pretty much every night I'll get up at 4am to feed the cat, then go back to sleep. Some days it recognises that and some days it doesnt at all.

I think the 1S is too sensitive for it's sleep tracking. I've seen lots of reports from people saying that it's "deep sleep" reading is too low. Mine also reports around 1 hour of deep sleep, which has to be way off. I've seen others report the same low reading on the 1S, but not on the original band. All in all I find the sleep tracking to be a bit rubbish, the stats and graph are lacking. A lot of this is probably down to the poor Xiaomi app for Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

d31b0y wrote: »
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/mi-fit/id938688461?mt=8

I'm really surprised this update didn't hit Android first, especially considering Xiaomi has it's own brand of Android phones.

Did you try this app?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mc.miband1

• Advertisement

Tried it and paid for the pro version on the back of my trial but I find I use it less and less now.
    The regular app has enough of what I need.

I think the 1S is too sensitive for it's sleep tracking. I've seen lots of reports from people saying that it's "deep sleep" reading is too low. Mine also reports around 1 hour of deep sleep, which has to be way off. I've seen others report the same low reading on the 1S, but not on the original band. All in all I find the sleep tracking to be a bit rubbish, the stats and graph are lacking. A lot of this is probably down to the poor Xiaomi app for Android.

I usually get a reading of 1.30 - 2.30 hrs of deep sleep every night, which looks right to me. I find sleep and wake up time pretty accurate. Usually dont get out of bed often so that helps I guess.

There's some stats and graph. There's bar chart for sleep tracking and step counter. If you click on the bar for any particualr day it gives the details for that day. I mean sleep tracking and activity have seperate graphs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I bought the Mi Band Tools android app. Everything fine so far but I have a notification on screen at the moment to say that "Vibrations are disabled". Cannot find a simple setting to re-enable them, any ideas?

Finding it seriously useful though, primarily for notifications. My phone is almost always on silent so I miss a lot of calls/emails. Clever little gadget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I bought the Mi Band Tools android app. Everything fine so far but I have a notification on screen at the moment to say that "Vibrations are disabled". Cannot find a simple setting to re-enable them, any ideas?

Finding it seriously useful though, primarily for notifications. My phone is almost always on silent so I miss a lot of calls/emails. Clever little gadget.

So it turns out I'm an idiot. The switch to re-enable vibrations is in the notification itself. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭RTT

Downloaded the update on the 14th of March but like others, the app closes when syncing gets to 99%. Was excited to see another update today thinking the bug might be fixed, but sadly not. I've an iPhone 5c with iOS 9.2.1.

RTT wrote: »
    Downloaded the update on the 14th of March but like others, the app closes when syncing gets to 99%. Was excited to see another update today thinking the bug might be fixed, but sadly not. I've an iPhone 5c with iOS 9.2.1.

Deleting and re-installing the app sorted it for me.

• Advertisement

Deleting and re-installing the app sorted it for me.

Thanks. That was the first thing I tried but no joy.

Still broken for me, lots of user on Reddit having the same issue. Only relates to the MiBand 1s. Horrible for anybody receiving theirs from this BA thread and not being able to even use it. Hopefully they update it soon.

Edit: It's been updated to 2.0.1 on the AppStore but still crashing at 99%. Tried uninstalling nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Installed on my iPhone 6 9.2 - no issues

Just downloaded the latest iOS mifit version 2.0.4 this morning hoping that the bug would be fixed but unfortunately not. It's still crashing when syncing gets to 99%.

Just downloaded the latest iOS mifit version 2.0.4 this morning hoping that the bug would be fixed but unfortunately not. It's still crashing when syncing gets to 99%.

I hoped the same and it crashed for me, but eventually got it working. Have an iPhone 5c running iOS 9.3.

I first deleted the app, then went into the Bluetooth settings and clicked 'forget device' for the MibBand. Then downloaded the app again, and signed in. This time it prompted me to install the firmware and then the heart rate firmware. After both I pulled down to sync and it worked.

Lost all my data from the time the updated app came out and stopped working though. I assumed the band would have the data stored but apparently not. The alarm hasn't been working the last few days either so maybe something went wrong.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Just tried the same and it's back working again. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Is there any way to get this to take a heart rate measurement at regular intervals including during the night?

You need a third party app for that, Mi Band Tools for Android lets you set whatever interval you want - I've mine set for every 15 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

You need a third party app for that, Mi Band Tools for Android lets you set whatever interval you want - I've mine set for every 15 mins

Assume there isn't an iPhone equivalent?

Does the band always have to be in range of the app? Have an android tablet and could hook it up, but assume it would have to be close by and I couldn't just sync all the data once a day?

This could have potential for people with heart problems.

What's the current best deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Discodog wrote: »
    This could have potential for people with heart problems.

What's the current best deal?

Not much info to be gleaned from inaccurate IR heart rate measurements, if you have heart problems then its well worth getting the alivecor ECG, family member has one and the ecg is very detailed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kardia-Mobile-3rd-Generation-Model/dp/B00R9KZQGW/ref=sr_1_2?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1458649022&sr=1-2

I don't think that I have a heart problem - touch wood.

The monitor you linked to is very good but a lot of people get heart attacks during the early hours of the morning.

I would of thought that a device that monitor heart rate during sleep with the ability to give warnings would be beneficial.

The guy on 24 hours in A&E didn't realise that his heart rate was 240!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Discodog wrote: »
    I would of thought that a device that monitor heart rate during sleep with the ability to give warnings would be beneficial.

Good point I hadn't really though of that.

Has your band been tracking data and saving it for the past few days? It's syncing my daily data but isn't saving my sleep data or data from the previous day. It's says 'not wearing band' on the sleep screen and in steps it says 'no activity data'.
    Anyone experiencing the same and know of a fix please?

I hoped the same and it crashed for me, but eventually got it working. Have an iPhone 5c running iOS 9.3.

I first deleted the app, then went into the Bluetooth settings and clicked 'forget device' for the MibBand. Then downloaded the app again, and signed in. This time it prompted me to install the firmware and then the heart rate firmware. After both I pulled down to sync and it worked.

Lost all my data from the time the updated app came out and stopped working though. I assumed the band would have the data stored but apparently not. The alarm hasn't been working the last few days either so maybe something went wrong.

Has your band been tracking data and saving it for the past few days? It's syncing my daily data but isn't saving my sleep data or data from the previous day. It's says 'not wearing band' on the sleep screen and in steps it says 'no activity data'.
    Anyone experiencing the same and know of a fix please?

From the time I installed the new 2.0 version all the data stopped being collected and I lost it all. Since updating yesterday the app has been counting steps and I can check the heart rate. The sleep tracking didn't work last night though, and neither did the alarm. It's tracking steps ok though so it should be working on yours, think sleep is broken.

• Advertisement
Advertisement