Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi Band 1S for 20 EUR shipped

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Del007 wrote: »
    It's telling me that the code is valid but this order doesn't meet the conditions to use it. Any idea why?

Seems to work fine for me.
    Not going to order though as not convinced its worth the upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Seve OB wrote: »
    Seems to work fine for me.
    Not going to order though as not convinced its worth the upgrade

For this price though, a spare would be handy, if you're already a devoté..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

inel wrote: »
    You can buy it for about 8.74 euro, if you login via their mobile website and apply the following promo code during checkout: best4

http://www.tinydeal.com/xiaomi-mi-band-1s-heart-rate-sleep-monitor-call-reminder-pedometer-p-156919.html

(Only when visiting the site using your mobile you can successfully apply the promo code)

Thanks! This worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

So, it seems they cancelled the order...
    Most probably whoever ordered it will soon receive similar email.

".....As we mention in our promotion campaign, “for all coupon codes, special offer products are excluded”. Since the items Xiaomi Miband is on sales, your order xxxxx has been auto canceled by the auditing systems. Your payment will be refunded to your account within 48 hours....."

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

The app updated for me last night, very fancy looking but still cannot use it to unlock phone

What phone are you using?

I'm having the same issue with mine whereby I can't pair it with my Motorola moto x style phone. From the little bit of reading I've done, Motorola devices have issues pairing with the miband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am very pleased with my 1S. I did have initial pairing problems with my Nexus 5 but then the Mi Band updated & everything is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Smart unlock not working for me either on a samsung s6

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I'm thinking of getting one of these, does the app work on an iPad? It's for someone else and I don't have access to the iPad at the minute. I see on GB (site that can't be named) there is a sale, Original Xiaomi Mi Band 1S Heart Rate is €13.54 and Xiaomi Mi Band 2 White LED - 2015 Original Updated is €10.90. Is the second one the latest one? Also is this site safe to buy off? It comes from the Chinese warehouse (the EU is dearer). Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Wanderer41 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting one of these, does the app work on an iPad? It's for someone else and I don't have access to the iPad at the minute. I see on GB (site that can't be named) there is a sale, Original Xiaomi Mi Band 1S Heart Rate is 13.54 and Xiaomi Mi Band 2 White LED - 2015 Original Updated is 10.90. Is the second one the latest one? Also is this site safe to buy off? It comes from the Chinese warehouse (the EU is dearer). Thanks for any help.
    Add your reply here.

The order was the
    Mi Band,
    Mi Band 2 (unofficial name)
    MiBand 1s (pulse).

The only difference between the first 2 is they removed the colored LEDs for some reason. And the newest version, the 1s has the heart rate monitor.

There is a new version coming out soon, supposedly the MiBand 2 which actually has a small LED display and button. Doesn't look at that nice though and no date for release confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

My band is on the fritz. Not reliably giving notifications, nor checking HR as it did. Might just give up on it at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

My band is on the fritz. Not reliably giving notifications, nor checking HR as it did. Might just give up on it at this stage!

Probably app related. Mine hasn't been showing me any sleep or step tracking since the 2.0 update nearly 2 months ago. Still hasn't been fixed neither. Everything else seems to be working now, just won't show any step or sleep history. The band is tracking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

I want to wait for the Mi Band 2:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Looks like it's a little while away, launch delayed a month

I am pretty pleased with mine. Yes it says that I am dead every now & then but overall it's good.

maximoose wrote: »
    Looks like it's a little while away, launch delayed a month

jeysus, yer man could look a bit happier couldn't he!

inel wrote: »
    You can buy it for about 8.74 euro, if you login via their mobile website and apply the following promo code during checkout: best4

http://www.tinydeal.com/xiaomi-mi-band-1s-heart-rate-sleep-monitor-call-reminder-pedometer-p-156919.html

(Only when visiting the site using your mobile you can successfully apply the promo code)

just went to order one of these for my dad.

not working :( or else i'm doing it wrong..... anyone got any links to a cheap one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Looks good. $23 would be great, but it looks like banggood are selling it for significantly more. Not too sure how much use the screen would really be however... I'll wait a while to see what they're like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Might be a nice upgrade in a month or two. If it's only just announced, then perhaps banggood just didn't have the recommended pricing yet?
    Though it's showing on Ali at just under $40 dollars from a number of sellers.

• Advertisement

Looks good. $23 would be great, but it looks like banggood are selling it for significantly more. Not too sure how much use the screen would really be however... I'll wait a while to see what they're like.

40 dollars
    I seen it somewhere else on the web this morning for over 50

Anyone else finding that the sleep figures for the Mi Band Notify & Fitness App are wildly different to those on the official Mi Band app ?

Discodog wrote: »
    Anyone else finding that the sleep figures for the Mi Band Notify & Fitness App are wildly different to those on the official Mi Band app ?

Yes it's strange. If you sync with MiBandNotify and look at the sleep results you get one reading. Then sync with the official app, and it will give an entirely different sleep reading. But then go back to MiBandNotify and it will now be the same as the official app. Strange bug there.

I am glad that it's not just me ☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Sleep data is identical on both apps for me.

I like the look of the new band. My other half is wanting a 1s, so I might wait and see the reviews for the 2 and get a couple of them.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Sleep data is identical on both apps for me.

I like the look of the new band. My other half is wanting a 1s, so I might wait and see the reviews for the 2 and get a couple of them.

Seems strange that the sleep data is ok with some people. Do you sync with the official app first ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Discodog wrote: »
    Seems strange that the sleep data is ok with some people. Do you sync with the official app first ?

Depends really, can't say I've noticed a difference either way though and after going through the history on both the data is still the same. I will say though that I have both apps on my android phone but I have noticed differences with sleep and steps if I a sync with the official app on my partners iPad. Perhaps that is were the problem is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think they have made a bit of a mess of the app. The older version was much better imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i'm not seeing any difference between the Notify app and the official app on any stats.

You need to sync the Notify app first and then official one if that makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I've ordered the new one, was $29 but the price has gone up since https://www.fasttech.com/products/4928100 As silly as it is, the main reason I'm getting the new one is so I can read the time.

The estimated delivery time I was gave was around June 20th so feel free to bug me at the start of July if you want to hear what I think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I've ordered the new one, was $29 but the price has gone up since https://www.fasttech.com/products/4928100 As silly as it is, the main reason I'm getting the new one is so I can read the time.

The estimated delivery time I was gave was around June 20th so feel free to bug me at the start of July if you want to hear what I think about it!

That's what's tempting me. Be interested to hear what you think when you get it.

• Advertisement

It'd be great if the screen could show what notifications you've got. A scrolling status would be nice. But xiaomi had proven time and again to let us down on the software front, so I'm not holding my breath.

It'd be great if the screen could show what notifications you've got. A scrolling status would be nice. But xiaomi had proven time and again to let us down on the software front, so I'm not holding my breath.
    ach, a scrolling status would take forever to get around. A selection of vibrations for different types would be optimal.

Didn;t people hack the hell out of an earlier Xiaomi? I'd really like to be able to get my hands on the date it gathers direct.

Anyways, my one has been shipped so hopefully I'll only have to wait a week or two :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Didn;t people hack the hell out of an earlier Xiaomi? I'd really like to be able to get my hands on the date it gathers direct.

They obfuscated the data from the 1s made it much more difficult to implement.

I'm going to pass on this one for the moment considering how flaky their software for the 1s is and how long it took third party software to add support for the 1s.

Is the 1s any good?
    I have original one and it's fine.

1s going for less than 12 quid at the moment so might upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Seve OB wrote: »
    Is the 1s any good?
    I have original one and it's fine.

1s going for less than 12 quid at the moment so might upgrade

I wouldn't bother. It was a novelty at first but I never use the heart monitor now and that's the only difference. Also, the battery life isn't as good. It lasts about three weeks compared to six with the original. If I was to replace the 1s now I'd go back to the original.

I had the first one but got fed up with the lack of a display and the bands continuously breaking. The Miband 2 addresses one of those issues and may be a winner.

I had the first one but got fed up with the lack of a display and the bands continuously breaking. The Miband 2 addresses one of those issues and may be a winner. Best price I could find was on AliExpress with a seller taking pre-orders (to be shipped within 20 days) for €27.
    2 month old account with 234 feedback, currently has 3374 orders for the mi band 2 down.

Assuming they're legit, I'm not sure that store is at all equipped to deal with that level of demand

Yeah it's a bit of a rubbish link. Also there are other sellers selling immediately.

This is the one I went with in the end. Seller has been trading for two years with 17k of feedback at 99.5%. Was also the seller with the second highest number of orders for the Miband 1S.

I think I'll wait to see what the reviews are like. Looks promising though!

• Advertisement

what happened to the $23!!!!!!!

You'll probably have to wait a month or two to get it for $23. I'm impatient.

So my Mi Band 2 arrived there exactly a week after shipping. No clue if it takes longer for these things to arrive via EU. Haven't actually used it yet but my first impression is the tiny screen is nicer looker than I expected

Given the size and simplicity of the box, I feel like it's the kind of thing that'll get the benefit of the doubt going through customs if you order over the customs limit.

Imagine the strap is much the same as the previous ones but I'm not super keen on it immediately. Bear in mind I haven't wore a watch in about 20 years (and I'm 26) so it might just be that.

Oh I didn't see your FastTech link!! lol mine still hasn't even shipped. Tempted to cancel and order from your crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

So my Mi Band 2 arrived there exactly a week after shipping. No clue if it takes longer for these things to arrive via EU. Haven't actually used it yet but my first impression is the tiny screen is nicer looker than I expected

Given the size and simplicity of the box, I feel like it's the kind of thing that'll get the benefit of the doubt going through customs if you order over the customs limit.

Imagine the strap is much the same as the previous ones but I'm not super keen on it immediately. Bear in mind I haven't wore a watch in about 20 years (and I'm 26) so it might just be that.

Which one did you order ? Would you have a link ? cheers

Think this is the one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Just ordered 2 off fasttech, one for me and one as a gift. Pity the heart monitoring is only periodic, but Ill take it for 30 quid :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Does the display have stopwatch functionality ?

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Does the display have stopwatch functionality ?
    Not at the moment anyway, there's definitely room for another few actions on the screen.

This list is fairly on point.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/miband/comments/4o5k2k/mi_band_2_list_of_features/

No sleep as android/light sleep alarm support is the one that bothers me.

• Advertisement

Anyone picked up a mi band 2 yet?
    Are they actually selling or just on pre-order still?
    Best price I can see is about €33.60 on Tinydeal and a few pence more on Fasttech
    Any other options out there?

Which would ship to Ireland quicker?

Advertisement