Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi Band 1S for 20 EUR shipped

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Found this on reddit - shows Mi Band 2 prices across various stores:

http://miband2.coollected.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

This crowd will ship to Ireland
    https://thesolutionshop.co.uk/product/mi-band-2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Fasttech sent it out for me on July 7th and it arrived in California on July 13th. I was pretty f*cking impressed with that!
    No clue how much longer the EU would take though.

Unfortunately, my phone's bluetooth is f*cked so I'm gonna have to wait until I get a new phone to fully use this. The pedometer seems pretty on point (racks up f*ck all steps while I'm typing, none when I'm asleep), the heart rate monitor less so but still mostly on point (I think it might be extremely dependent on the strap fitting snugly around your wrist but I find the next setting down a bit too tight).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Fasttech sent it out for me on July 7th and it arrived in California on July 13th. I was pretty f*cking impressed with that!

Unfortunately, my phone's bluetooth is f*cked so I'm gonna have to wait until I get a new phone to fully use this. The pedometer seems pretty on point (racks up f*ck all steps while I'm typing, none when I'm asleep), the heart rate monitor less so but still mostly on point (I think it might be extremely dependent on the strap fitting snugly around your wrist but I find the next setting down a bit too tight).

I'm very f*cking impressed considering today is only the 21st June :D

On the strap. Is it the same crapy plastic as come on the first one or is it a bit sturdier? I'm getting it for my dad and he has big wrists. Want to get a proper strap for him, but not sure if there is any available for the Mi Band 2. Or is the size the same as the original so would those replacement straps work?

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm very f*cking impressed considering today is only the 21st June :D

On the strap. Is it the same crapy plastic as come on the first one or is it a bit sturdier? I'm getting it for my dad and he has big wrists. Want to get a proper strap for him, but not sure if there is any available for the Mi Band 2. Or is the size the same as the original so would those replacement straps work?
    Ah Seve, you're forgetting about the time difference. It's July over here.
    I'd say it's the same crappy plastic, looks very similar. Might even be the same straps but I haven't got one so I wouldn't know. Reddit likely has these answers for you.

For the price and with the display, I think it's got the potential to be a great gift for whoever really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Are you comparing this to the previous miband or any other similar device, or is this your first?

Interested to find if they are getting more accurate..

I have the previous miband, and have to say, I would be very dubious about the accuracy of both the pedometer and the sleep monitoring - I think it's vastly over-reading the steps and under-reading the sleep.

Anyone else care to chip in with their experience?

I do love the concept, and might be prepared to spend a bit extra if there's a more accurate device on the market..

Well mine got dispatched over the weekend. I have a Fitbit One for about a year so I plan to wear both and compare the readings. The Fitbit is great but according to the instructions it has to be worn on the waist of my trousers so I wanted something a little easier to read!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Well mine got dispatched over the weekend. I have a Fitbit One for about a year so I plan to wear both and compare the readings. The Fitbit is great but according to the instructions it has to be worn on the waist of my trousers so I wanted something a little easier to read!

Where did you order from?

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Are you comparing this to the previous miband or any other similar device, or is this your first?

Interested to find if they are getting more accurate..

I have the previous miband, and have to say, I would be very dubious about the accuracy of both the pedometer and the sleep monitoring - I think it's vastly over-reading the steps and under-reading the sleep.

Anyone else care to chip in with their experience?

I do love the concept, and might be prepared to spend a bit extra if there's a more accurate device on the market..
    RE: step tracking, https://www.reddit.com/r/miband/comments/4p4w7w/miband_2_vs_1s_steps_tracking_comparison/
    So far, for me, it seems pretty damn accurate. The only real issue I've had is a compulsive need to get over 15k steps on it when I'm anywhere near that figure (and daily I get around 12-14 minimum regardless, walk to work and walk home.

I don't think this one has sleep monitoring from the off? I can't check yet though, fairly sure it was covered on reddit. I will be able to give a bloody good gauge of maximum battery life though!

n1ck wrote: »
    Where did you order from?
    This is the one I went with in the end. Seller has been trading for two years with 17k of feedback at 99.5%. Was also the seller with the second highest number of orders for the Miband 1S.

Price has gone up in the meantime I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

I got my Miband 2 today but I'm having a problem. I synced it with my phone but I notice it's not recording any of my steps. The heart rate feature seemed to work when I held the Miband to my chest. However the pedometer ain't working at all. The time is correct as well but obviously that's not what I bought it for.

Am I missing something obvious or did I get a dud?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

I've had the same issue with a MiBand 1 and 1S before. I unsynced the band from my phone, paired it with another phone and then back to my phone, on the 1 it worked straight away after that. On the 1S it didnt start tracking steps until a good while after but both are working fine now.

Yeah absolutely everything else seems to be working (call notifications etc) except that the pedometer is stuck at zero. I'll have to try what you said with my brother's phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Yeah absolutely everything else seems to be working (call notifications etc) except that the pedometer is stuck at zero. I'll have to try what you said with my brother's phone.

Same thing happened mine - I read you need to fully charge it. Mine is currently charging so will let you know!

Yup it's working now since I fully charged it. Purely by dumb luck as I got fed up of trying to get the pedometer off zero so left it charging and went off to do something else before I went postal.

I've went for a stroll today wearing both the Mi Band 2 and my FitBit One (which cost me €85 from Amazon ES this week last year). Did about 6000 steps and there's only a disrepancy of about 30-40 steps between both devices. This is very acceptable in my opinion. Great device for €34 and I highly recommend it. Pity though it doesn't have the support and community that Fitbit does. For example a desktop website would be great (I have two of the Fitbit BT dongles).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

I also picked up a Mi Band 2 having used a Fitbit Charge for the last 18 months. I went through 3 units in 18 months and the 3rd started falling apart but Fitbit wouldn't replace it so I decided to try the Mi Band 2. I jhad a lazy day yesterday but wore them both side by side all day and there was a big difference in the step count.

The difference in steps was 2500 which seems like a lot to me. Also I noticed this morning that the Fitbit was counting steps as I cycled to work but the Mi Band didn't count these as steps (which is is correct I would think).

Will have to do some more tests over the weekend.

Woah that's a big difference alright. There goes my recommendation!

Woah that's a big difference alright. There goes my recommendation!

My gut feeling is that the Mi Band is closer to the actual step count than the Fitbit to be honest. Have to check more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Got mine yesterday, it wouldn't sync until it was charged but its working fine now. Its a cool little device. I wish they made more of the heart monitor, like having perodic recordings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

imitation wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday, it wouldn't sync until it was charged but its working fine now. Its a cool little device. I wish they made more of the heart monitor, like having perodic recordings.

MiBand Notify & Fitness app allows periodic heart recording.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

SteM wrote: »
    I also picked up a Mi Band 2 having used a Fitbit Charge for the last 18 months. I went through 3 units in 18 months and the 3rd started falling apart but Fitbit wouldn't replace it so I decided to try the Mi Band 2. I jhad a lazy day yesterday but wore them both side by side all day and there was a big difference in the step count.

The difference in steps was 2500 which seems like a lot to me. Also I noticed this morning that the Fitbit was counting steps as I cycled to work but the Mi Band didn't count these as steps (which is is correct I would think).

Will have to do some more tests over the weekend.

Were they both worn on the same arm? I'd wonder if one arm using a mouse at a computer or something like that would affect it?

My MiBand 1S counts steps as I cycle, but to be fair, I don't know how it's supposed to tell the difference tbh. My route can be bumpy, so it's expected I guess.

Were they both worn on the same arm? I'd wonder if one arm using a mouse at a computer or something like that would affect it?

My MiBand 1S counts steps as I cycle, but to be fair, I don't know how it's supposed to tell the difference tbh. My route can be bumpy, so it's expected I guess.

Yes, both on the left wrist. The first day I tested it I was off work so wasn't using a mouse. I've noticed the Fitbit counts a lot more steps when I'm on the bike than the Mi Band 2.

I went a bit crazy the other week and wore a fitbit, Mi Band 2 and a pedometer that my wife has that you hang around your neck. The step count between the Mi Band 2 and pedometer were very close, the fitbit was way off. Makes me think the fitbit might have been over counting all along.

All-in-all I'm very happy with the Mi Band 2 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Discodog wrote: »
    MiBand Notify & Fitness app allows periodic heart recording.

Doesn't support MiBand 2 though yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Back down to €32 on FastTech again.

Damn, pulled trigger last week at 38ish:mad:

Still haven't had to charge this (so 31 days), battery should definitely last 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

My original Mi band broke the other day and only found about the new version so ordered on aliexpress. It was shipped yesterday so I will update when i receive it.
    It cost me $45 in total.
    I couldn't wait until October for the $23 price from Xiaomi :D

• Advertisement

where did you find out it would be in €23 October? I couldn't figure this out at all.

Mine has been dodgy lately. It flew out of the band the other day at the driving range. I couldn't be arsed to go out in the grass to look for it!

Have ordered a new one for my dad. Was planning on using his strap for mine and getting him a good band. Not sure I'll bother with a new one now!

23 is the retail price in china, might never see it that price outside of China.

The bands are definitely not secure, I've accidentally opened it a few times. If you have it on pretty loosely there's a good chance it'd fall off before you'd even realise. you could probably safeguard it with a bit of string but really there's gotta be better straps available?

23 is the retail price in china, might never see it that price outside of China.

The bands are definitely not secure, I've accidentally opened it a few times. If you have it on pretty loosely there's a good chance it'd fall off before you'd even realise. you could probably safeguard it with a bit of string but really there's gotta be better straps available?

My strap stayed on. It flew out of the strap! the rubber around the edges had worn away, so essentially there was not much holding it in. Can't complain, had it for nearly year and a half

ahhhh, right, yeah, I cant imagine these straps lasting a year and a half at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

lassykk wrote: »
    Doesn't support MiBand 2 though yet

It does now - just updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

• Advertisement

any decent straps out yet for the mi band 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

I have a Mi Band 1s if anyone is interested. Wore it for a couple of days and put it back in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

My one is slightly damaged, how much you looking for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

RossieMan wrote: »
    My one is slightly damaged, how much you looking for it?

Sent you a PM Rossie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Plugged mine in to charge at 8.30 this morning and in the space of 10 hours it had only charged from 5% to 17%. The contacts are clean and I've not had any issues with charging in the past. It is connected to a USB port on an android box, the same as ever. Has anyone had issues like this before or know what could be wrong with it.

• Advertisement

Can't believe the battery life on the Mi Band 2. Charged 21 days ago and it's still at 46%, this thing is amazing compared to the Fitbit Charge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So what's the best place and cheapest to get the Mi Band 2, I have been using the parcelmotel route to buy items but always make sure they are low value that won't incur custom charges and get rejected by Parcelmotel, unless some of the Ali-Express stores will mark it as a low value gift. I know some of the Chinese sellers will have Eu based stores any recommendations on those and do you pay much of a premium, I see some sellers on Amazon.co.uk but they charge to much.
    Any recommendations greatly appreciated

So what's the best place and cheapest to get the Mi Band 2, I have been using the parcelmotel route to buy items but always make sure they are low value that won't incur custom charges and get rejected by Parcelmotel, unless some of the Ali-Express stores will mark it as a low value gift. I know some of the Chinese sellers will have Eu based stores any recommendations on those and do you pay much of a premium, I see some sellers on Amazon.co.uk but they charge to much.
    Any recommendations greatly appreciated

This was my recommendation (actually the user Chain_Smoker posted it first):

Maybe things have changed in the interim.

This was my recommendation (actually the user Chain_Smoker posted it first):

Maybe things have changed in the interim.

That's where I went. Got it the other day. Can't remember when I ordered, maybe 3 weeks? Think I posted here when I pulled the trigger
    Free delivery to Ireland so no need to use parcel motel

Seve OB wrote: »
    Free delivery to Ireland so no need to use parcel motel

Apparently stuff arrives much quicker from China if you use the Parcel Motel address. If you're in a hurry for it using the PM address can cut the waiting time by half.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Received mine today, 4 weeks exactly. I wanted mainly for the clock (the 1s annoyed the hell out of me having something on my wrist that didn't tell time). Super impressed so far. Love that I can check pulse by just tapping my wristband three times. I always found the sleep decent and not overly bothered about accuracy of steps. Call/SMS/twitter/facebook/whatsapp notifications with iPhone is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Got mine for €31 from this seller...

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32675061860.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hi All

Ordered the Mi Band 2 from ALiexpress, it arrived in Dublin on Monday, should it be taking this long to get to me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Apparently stuff arrives much quicker from China if you use the Parcel Motel address. If you're in a hurry for it using the PM address can cut the waiting time by half.

Or Parcel Wizard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thanks folks for recommendations, anyone get hit with custom charges or did sellers mark it down in value for customs?

• Advertisement
Advertisement