Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir......lack of customer care

Options
  • 08-01-2016 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭

So my dad (aged 76), had his phone cut off last month as we forgot to pay bill, totally my fault as I handle all bills since my mum died. We paid bill immediately then and were re connected.

We were informed there is a 19 euro + vat charge for the reconnection. Rules are rules and all that but We asked this be waived or credited back, given we are lifetime customers, currently paying 60+ per month just for phone/broadband. Eir refused. We spoke to several agents who all refused my request to speak to a manager or supervisor, again refused.

So We request transfer to the cancellation team (or loyalty team,lol) as our contract is out and low and behold the chap I spoke to there could sort it straight away.

Too little to late.

So my dad is cancelling his 30 year plus account.
    I am cancelling my eMobile account that is linked to the account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

893bet wrote: »
    So my dad (aged 76), had his phone cut off last month as we forgot to pay bill, totally my fault as I handle all bills since my mum died. We paid bill immediately then and were re connected.

We were informed there is a 19 euro + vat charge for the reconnection. Rules are rules and all that but We asked this be waived or credited back, given we are lifetime customers, currently paying 60+ per month just for phone/broadband. Eir refused. We spoke to several agents who all refused my request to speak to a manager or supervisor, again refused.

So We request transfer to the cancellation team (or loyalty team,lol) as our contract is out and low and behold the chap I spoke to there could sort it straight away.

Too little to late.

So my dad is cancelling his 30 year plus account.
    I am cancelling my eMobile account that is linked to the account.
    I'm sorry to hear this 893bet - however, personal circumstances and number of years with eir cannot be taken in to account of the re connection fee - In the interest of fairness it's best to apply the terms and conditions to all customers equally rather than provide favoritism per account. Again, these rules are not set to make it feel personal and I wish you and your father the very best with your move

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭893bet

Fair enough.

Eir lost 100 euro per month over the principal of a 19 euro charge.

Not to mention I am currently building a new house and awaiting an eir connection which will be cancelled now aswell under my 14 day period.

Fair enough.

Eir lost 100 euro per month over the principal of a 19 euro charge.

Not to mention I am currently building a new house and awaiting an eir connection which will be cancelled now aswell under my 14 day period.
    I wish you the very best with your new house 893bet

Thanks

Al

Nicely dodged!

Thanks for the response.

Nicely dodged!

Thanks for the response.
    No intent to dodge at all here 893bet

Ultimately the terms, condtions and rules apply to all customers equally and I can't advise on anything else. I do mean it when I say I wish you the best of luck with the move but if there's anything else I can assist with please let me know

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

They do apply to everyone equally.

Yet it was only in the process of cancellation that the loyalty team said they could apply credit to balance the charge. Why must you leave to get the good customer service.

Sadly your nearest competitor sky offers a similar service where it is only when you try and cancel you get an offer.

Anyway Alan thanks for your replies.

They do apply to everyone equally.

Yet it was only in the process of cancellation that the loyalty team said they could apply credit to balance the charge. Why must you leave to get the good customer service.

Sadly your nearest competitor sky offers a similar service where it is only when you try and cancel you get an offer.

Anyway Alan thanks for your replies.
    I'm happy to help 893bet

Thank you

Al

Advertisement