Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phone for me?

Options
  • 08-01-2016 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

I have an iphone 4 which I got on an 18 month contract with O2 in December 2010. Once the contract was up I put a prepay sim into it and have been using it since

Its still going and to be fair has served me seriously well. But recently the battery is gone pretty poor I'm having to charge it twice a day
    Also the charger seems to slip out and I could come back and it hasn't actually been charging which is annoying

So I'm thinking of a new phone?

Any recommendations?

I would probably pay up to €300 to buy a sim free so I could just put in the prepay sim card and carry on with my current plan

But I wouldn't rule out billpay if it made sense

Would it be hard to move away from iphone now that I'm used to it for over 5 years?

I mostly use my phone for internet, facebook, twitter, etc. Would like a decent camera too.

I don't play games or use it for music either so that's not important to me

What should I look at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I've hear a lot of good things about the One Plus 2 phone. There appears to be a big following of it here on boards.

I had the iphone 4 and 5. I always found the battery life to be rather poor. I've had different Android phones since and I haven't looked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Huge amount of options for that price. IPhone sim free wouldn't be one for €300 if you want new.

Go too a few phone shops and play with some android and windows 10 devices to see how you like the software.

If you can decide then which you like or not it would be a lot easier to recommend hardware then.

Do you use a tablet or laptop desktop with android/windows that would suit to get a phone to match?

Advertisement