Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive DOA?

Options
  • 08-01-2016 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

I only just received the parts for my PC yesterday. The assembly went smooth (For my first build anyway), apart from the Windows installation.

It would keep telling me it couldn't find a drive regardless of the hdd being plugged in with both the sata cable and power cable.

The BIOS can't even detect it, but it can detect the DVD drive. I've tried switching power cables and SATA cables (and ports) around with it but to no avail.

Could it possibly have been DOA? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Huh, was going to suggest that it might have to be initialised but even then it should show up in the BIOS. I think you might be right and an RMA is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Do you hear it spin up when the system boots? If not, might be power related.

Other potential issue is if its a huge drive (8TB) then some controllers might not play nice. After that, its RMA time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

Thanks for the replies guys.

It does spin up and it's only 1TB. Looks like it's RMA time ;-; Thanks anyway!

A different question for anyone who has done before, what is mindfactory like with RMA?

Advertisement