Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight car park in city centre

Options
  • 08-01-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I got a night shift job in Dublin city centre and I'm wondering if on the street parking is free after 7pm or something? Where is the best place to park a car overnight? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wicked131 wrote: »
    I got a night shift job in Dublin city centre and I'm wondering if on the street parking is free after 7pm or something? Where is the best place to park a car overnight? Cheers

The usual is 7pm to 7am.

You can park in many places in between times at no cost.
    Bus lanes and some clearways that would be in use during the day open up for parking also.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Wicked131

The usual is 7pm to 7am.

Bus lanes and some clearways that would be in use during the day open up for parking also.

Great stuff, cheers pal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The usual is 7pm to 7am.

Some clearways might but bus lanes bloody well do not become parking after they go out of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

check here for times of charging / free parking on street:
    http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/dublin/

January wrote: »
    Some clearways might but bus lanes bloody well do not become parking after they go out of hours.

yes they do and can be parked in outside of use hours unless marked with double yellow or have x24 hrs.

Bus stops 24hour 7 days a week are no parking. Bus only......

Even continuous white line cycle lanes become on street parking after 7 pm unless marked otherwise.

Also there may be certain terms or bye laws but Dublin city I know very well and where you can and can't park.

Certain loading bays are now taxi ranks after loading hours and taxi bays have taken over some originally parking spaces.

Just be wary of signage hard to see and also road markings which can be well faded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

The usual is 7pm to 7am.

The usual maybe but the OP would need to be very careful. Plenty of streets in the city centre are chargeable until 11pm or midnight. Some streets even have different hours on different ends of the street.

markpb wrote: »
    The usual maybe but the OP would need to be very careful. Plenty of streets in the city centre are chargeable until 11pm or midnight. Some streets even have different hours on different ends of the street.

Hence I mentioned usual(not all)
    Also I mentioned to check signage and road markings.

Advertisement