Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog licence Van

• 08-01-2016 4:48pm

Is this a thing?

I just saw a white van with Dog Licence... ( didn't catch the last word) written on the side of the van. Looked relatively official. He was pulled in on the side of a popular dog walking stretch of road and was talking to an elderly lady with two small dogs. I've never seen anything like this before and am now concerned that he may have been scamming her out of cash or dogs or both. can anyone put my mind at ease?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I would think if it was official it would say dog warden or xxx county council, not dog licence something. Sounds very dodgy to me I'm afraid.

I would think if it was official it would say dog warden or xxx county council, not dog licence something. Sounds very dodgy to me I'm afraid.

Yeah that's what got me thinking. :(

Oh no.
    Who would I report something like that to? Taking into consideration that I'm not certain it is fake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Was there a fan on the top of the van? I've seen the dog warden once or twice in our park and I'm sure it was just a plain white van? The reason I ask about the fan is that for a few years in a row there was out-sourced park wardens who'd come and drive around the park a few times a day - we'd know from a distance if it was them or the actual dog warden if there was a fan on top of the van. Maybe give your local warden's office a call and double-check/report?

tk123 wrote: »
    Was there a fan on the top of the van? I've seen the dog warden once or twice in our park and I'm sure it was just a plain white van? The reason I ask about the fan is that for a few years in a row there was out-sourced park wardens who'd come and drive around the park a few times a day - we'd know from a distance if it was them or the actual dog warden if there was a fan on top of the van. Maybe give your local warden's office a call and double-check/report?

There was orange lights on top?

I rang the council and they are going to check with warden and get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Personally I'd ring the local garda station as well, and tell them. Let them you that you aren't sure but that it seemed odd.

• Advertisement

Council lady just rang back and said she was talking to the warden and he said it wasn't him but that a warden from an area nearby had come up to the pound today and it may well have been him just chatting with someone on his way back. That road is relatively near the pound. But she said shes going to find out for certain just to be on the safe side.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Good for you Builebeag :)
    The wardens around Louth have vans with something along the lines of "Get your dog license online" or somesuch, but they also have a clear "Dog Warden" written on them too.
    There have been scams relating to people pretending to be dog wardens, and people tend not to question an "official" looking person, at least until it's too late. So, no harm to make sure if there's any doubt.

Advertisement