Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

podcast titles

• 08-01-2016 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to view the full name and description of podcasts on iPhone ? It's very frustrating trying to search for relevant podcast when all you can see is the first few words of the description.

Surely lots of people in Apple have noticed this and fixed it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

The "more" area? Not being flippant, but is this what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

curly.bert wrote: »
    The "more" area? Not being flippant, but is this what you mean?

Yes but that's after you've subscribed to a feed. I'm talking about searching for podcasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I've noticed that too and find it incredibly annoying on a phone or ipod. You'd feel there has to be a work around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I've noticed that too and find it incredibly annoying on a phone or ipod. You'd feel there has to be a work around.

I think Apple send all their worst engineers to work in the iTunes team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I think Apple send all their worst engineers to work in the iTunes team.

Ha you are so right :D
    I wonder why they won't just let you rotate the screen display to landscape so you can see more. I always presumed I was doing something wrong when no one else was making an issue of it. Glad I'm not alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Yes but that's after you've subscribed to a feed. I'm talking about searching for podcasts.

You don't have to subscribe. When you search for a podcast, tap on one you're interested in, then you'll see all the details. If there's a lot of text, you can then tap "more"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

I think Apple's Podcast app is not the best one out there.. But has really improved in the last year or so, hopefully iOS 10 makes it even better. I would suggest trying out Pocket Cast or Overcast. You can get the basics Overcast App for free with in-App purchase.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I think Apple's Podcast app is not the best one out there.. But has really improved in the last year or so, hopefully iOS 10 makes it even better. I would suggest trying out Pocket Cast or Overcast. You can get the basics Overcast App for free with in-App purchase.

Overcast recently changed from the freemium to patronage model. No in-app purchase necessary, just a donation if you want to contribute to development.

Advertisement