Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted Thread

Options
  • 08-01-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

We posted a thread today in the Theatre forum and it was deleted. I received no PM, so I'm not even sure who to contact about it. We were just looking for drama teachers to hire. Not sure what rule was broken.

Please advise.

Edit: Ok, did a bit of digging and I think that boards thinks that we are a business. We're not. We are an amateur theatre group. All volunteers. No profits. We are legally classed as a club or society. Or is the word business used very liberally here?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

On the face of it it sounds most likely that it was considered advertising, and thus removed. Commercial business or not doesn't factor into it. PM the drama forum mods and ask them to confirm why it was removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It appears that pretty much every post you have made on this site is promotional.

As per the Terms of Use that you agreed to when you registered here...
    ToU wrote:
    You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to:
    post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional content, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of commercial publicity

These are discussion forums. For discussion. Not for you to advertise your theatre's activities, solicit scripts, recruit facilitators, etc, etc for free.

You were advised last April to contact Boards HQ if you wished to advertise on this site. Please do this. Until then do not post any further promotional material on this site. If you do - your posting privileges will be removed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement