Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail - Fine Protocol

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I mean I guess it can sound fishy but the easy way to dispel that is that there is no easy access to trains where were from. Its not like she coulda skipped school and walked to the station. If people are just going to come along and say I could be lying then they are very right. I could be. But id gain nothing from it.

Not having to pay a find is hardly gaining nothing.

I can come on here and say anything on this board, doesn't mean it's true, there are two sides to every story. The fact that people can make a judgement based on one side without knowing all of the facts is hillarious.

In any case, I saw ticket inspectors fine someone tonight. They asked for proof of ID or address. They would only accept photo ID such as passport or drivers license, or a document with the customers address on. If they did the same in your sisters case, it becomes obvious why they want the passport to view.

So bearing in mind the above, if they asked for passport, they would have took the number and true, someone could have given a fake address, but the sending of the passport photocopy to them would allow them to establish if someone else gave your sisters address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

devnull wrote: »
    Not having to pay a find is hardly gaining nothing.

I can come on here and say anything on this board, doesn't mean it's true, there are two sides to every story. The fact that people can make a judgement based on one side without knowing all of the facts is hillarious.

In any case, I saw ticket inspectors fine someone tonight. They asked for proof of ID or address. They would only accept photo ID such as passport or drivers license, or a document with the customers address on. If they did the same in your sisters case, it becomes obvious why they want the passport to view.

So bearing in mind the above, if they asked for passport, they would have took the number and true, someone could have given a fake address, but the sending of the passport photocopy to them would allow them to establish if someone else gave your sisters address.

All well and good but they are not entitled to a copy of the passport. They can ask to see it. They have no right to obtain a copy and if someone does give them a copy it is a data protection risk.

Go to court then and don't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭plodder

devnull wrote: »
    In any case, I saw ticket inspectors fine someone tonight. They asked for proof of ID or address. They would only accept photo ID such as passport or drivers license, or a document with the customers address on.
    What do they do if you don't have one of these?

I didn't hear how it ended up because I had to get my train, but they mentioned the Guards don't know what happened in the end though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

plodder wrote: »
    What do they do if you don't have one of these?

No legal obligation to provide anything beyond name and address.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭roverrules

No legal obligation to provide anything beyond name and address.

Do you need something to prove your DoB if you're paying child fares?

Advertisement