Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exeter v Liverpool, FA Cup, BBC One 7.55

12345679»

Comments

I don't believe it should be called a gamble when you've very little other options

There is limited options but still some better.

noodler wrote: »
    I seriously question the word gamble there tbh.

Utd and arsenal over the next 7 days.

He's really couldn't risk first teasers, I can't even belief he risked Benteke.

Benteke isn't a first teamer! ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

"Against a Liverpool side 76 places above them in the league ladder"

Someone tell Gary that we had our kids and rejects out tonight

What exactly are you on about there? Give Exeter their fair dues ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Fair result.

Gamble didn't pay off for Klopp

Ahh what gamble he was forced to play that team with injuries and bigger games coming up mid week and next weekend.

Last thing he needed were more injuries i don't know why you keep calling it a gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

mightyreds wrote: »
    Does the reserves count as being above league 2 or below

Kids and rejects . Reserves is a stretch. Lori and Enrique have played no football. And as a whole this team has pretty much never played together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Benteke isn't a first teamer! ! :)

He will be starting at least one of the next two massive games in fairness!

What exactly are you on about there? Give Exeter their fair dues ffs.

I'm taking nothing from Exeter . But a bit of perspective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

well done exeter! unlucky not to nick the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Klopp has learnt the word "Robust" this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads Klopp is gas :D

• Advertisement

I wonder if I could grow beard..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That Klopp interview was gas. I love him!!

BBC reporter "thanks for talking to us"

Klopp: "I had too"

Gas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

On the plus side, Jurgen might be more motivated to sign a 'keeper his month. As dodgy as Mignolet has been, imagine how screwed Liverpool would be with Bogdan in goal for any length of time. I'd give Barca that £18m for Ter Stegen now.

On the plus side, Jurgen might be more motivated to sign a 'keeper his month. As dodgy as Mignolet has been, imagine how screwed Liverpool would be with Bogdan in goal for any length of time. I'd give Barca that £18m for Ter Stegen now.

If we have 20m to spend as is the rumour. I'd lump it all on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm no fanboy of Benteke but I honestly don't know what people wanted from him.

He played off the shoulder, got into the box when the ball was wide, played one or 2 nice touches around the box when he got the chance (including one near the end that nearly set Ojo free on goal).

He got no service of any quality. Like, zero.

Wait, no, one cross that the keeper saved from point blank range. He bullied the defender, like we'd expect, when he finally got a good cross, and it took a miracle to keep it out.

In the first half Kent, Sinclair and the rest tried to shoot or try tricky shíte instead of crossing it.

In the second half he got endless amount of aimless shíte thrown up the pitch in no particular direction.

All the while, he tried to work his bollocks off from what I could tell.

He wasn't brilliant by any means, but that was mainly because we realistically did so little to try and get him in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm no fanboy of Benteke but I honestly don't know what people wanted from him.

He played off the shoulder, got into the box when the ball was wide, played one or 2 nice touches around the box when he got the chance (including one near the end that nearly set Ojo free on goal).

He got no service of any quality. Like, zero.

Wait, no, one cross that the keeper saved from point blank range. He bullied the defender, like we'd expect, when he finally got a good cross, and it took a miracle to keep it out.

In the first half Kent, Sinclair and the rest tried to shoot or try tricky shíte instead of crossing it.

In the second half he got endless amount of aimless shíte thrown up the pitch in no particular direction.

All the while, he tried to work his bollocks off from what I could tell.

He wasn't brilliant by any meand, but that was mainly because we realistically did so little to try and get him in the game.

I'd agree with that, felt a bit sorry for him tonight, with the bad pitch tonight was the night to lump cross after cross into the box and not try fancy turns outside the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Great to see the young lads in action.

Liverpool are better out of the FA cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mikeym wrote: »
    Great to see the young lads in action.

Liverpool are better out of the FA cup.

Wouldn't go that far, but for the first few rounds at least i'd like to see us continue to predominantly use youth to the point where we should still reasonably be capable of winning the game. If they get us far enough to take it seriously, start using the first teamers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The good news is that we'll know who the forth round opponents are, Klopp could make some tweaks to the replay line up if it looks like an easy enough tie.

Advertisement