Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turned down for student loan

Options
  • 08-01-2016 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I was just turned down for a student loan. I was told before I applied that if I applied specifically for a student loan then my back to education allowance would be taken into account as income, whereas it wouldn't be otherwise. But the underwriters have come back saying they can't give me the loan because they don't take it into account as income! I have no other debts, I had an idemnifier and I have bee a BOI customer for a number of years with no issues. The loan itself is not for a large amount and the payments are very manageable. I quite annoyed as i feel my time has been been was told that my income would be taken into account but now apparently it isn't. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi dcfc91,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

Sorry to hear of the recent decision on your loan application. Each loan is considered on a case by case basis. If you wish to appeal this decision, we would advise you to speak with the Lending advisor in your branch who can go through this with you and advise on your next course of action. You can book an appointment in your branch at this link: https://form.bankofireland.com/personal-banking/help-centre/book-an-appointment/

Please let us know if we can help you with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement