Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All in the head....

Options
  • 08-01-2016 9:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭

A month ago I upgraded to Eleaf GS Air.

Wow/clouds/draw etc. Huge improvement etc.

Now I'm used to it, the wow factor has gone!!

Is this the norm? Where does it end, constantly looking for something better or go back to crap heads for a while and then back to the GS?

Can anyone else relate to this, or is it just me?

Advice please for vaping anxiety issues:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It's called shiny-itis! Buy something new, it's amazing. get used to it, need something more new :pac: I just give into the urges and buy new things :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

It's called shiny-itis! Buy something new, it's amazing. get used to it, need something more new :pac: I just give into the urges and buy new things :o

Great:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Yeah, that happens. I've pretty much barred myself from buying anything. I'll trade tanks and I might buy from someone on here or FB if the price is right but I'm done spending evenings online reading reviews and pining after things. It's never ending and a bad habit of mine that I do with a lot of things. Coffee being another example, I am that wanker who has spent countless hours (you don't get those back!) reading about the science of coffee making etc.

But yeah, the vaping, I've just decided to stop chasing whatever it is I was chasing. I have an Evic mini and 4 Samsung 25R batteries, an istick 50w as a backup. Kind of want a Cuboid but there's no reason for me to need one. The 75w capability of the Evic is more than I need. 3 subtank mini's, a Fogger V4, an Orchid V5 and an Ego One Mega and a couple of drippers. I'm only using the subtanks and I'm pretty much holding on to the other stuff just in case an interesting trade opportunity comes up. Might try the CLR heads for the ego if I can buy 1 on its own in a B&M, really don't want to buy 5 and pay for delivery to find I don't really like them.

Flavours are another thing I've given up on chasing. I use red astaire and Vamp vape and occasionally knock up a custard variation. Don't really need 8 atomisers for that but like a true addict I just can't let go! :D

Another bad habit of mine is that I waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I did find that I moved on a bit in the tank department searching for that perfect mouth to lung variant . I found it, after going through the usual aspire/kanger types, in the Kayfun V4 and I have been using that for a long time now . I also wanted to try the 'direct to lung' type tanks and after a few I stopped at the subtank mini . I have 3 mods on the go , the cuboid, the evic mini, and a IPV mini for the kayfun . There are others that I would like but can do without ..............will probably get one of the new vapourflasks in the next few months .

It's kinda turned into a bit of a hobby for me tbh and since I stopped upgrading my PC recently it is where I spend any few bob I have going spare .

Does anyone else find that chain vaping lessens the sensation?

Leave it down for half an hour and the "thrill" is there, throat hit included?

I think I'll just have to be more disciplined in usage!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Does anyone else find that chain vaping lessens the sensation?

Leave it down for half an hour and the "thrill" is there, throat hit included?

I think I'll just have to be more disciplined in usage!!

I chain vape a lot more then I used to a year ago. Might have something to do with reducing nicotine down to 6mg for the most part.

Only way to deal with with taste boredom is to have lots of flavours and setups. I have 5 on the go and one is a dripper.

2 of my tanks I keep 8-10mg juice in for when I'm just having the occasional vape or out and about. The others are for home use and at 6mg and I chain a bit if on the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I am not keen on chain vaping,I take a hit when I need it (which is approx every minute) I love to vape different flavours & strengths of Nic,I use about 40 mods with various atty's attached around the house,most have different flavours & Nic strengths,I do double up with some of my fav flavours which I vape upstairs & down,then I have my go to mods with rubber sleeves on for the car,they sit nicely on those dashboard rubber type mats.
    Using so many different mods & atty's has it's advantages & disadvantages,for one,sometimes I need to fill maybe 10 tanks at one go & other times I wouldn't need to fill any for a month,another thing is,the whole of 2015,I only threw out 4 coils from the 40 odd attys I have been using.
    I just checked my order history with Esmokeireland,I bought my 1st of 4 Evic VT kit on the 12/07/15 and never changed the coil in any of them,I'm vaping it now while I'm typing this & it's still a perfect vape,I'm sure I have gone through over a dozen tankfuls on 1 coil (mega one tank with a .4 Ti) how amazing is that,I know,sounds like bullschit but it's all true,I reckon the coils are not under pressure with use because of the way I vape & I go through at least 30ml liquid a day between all of them & no drippers being used at the moment.
    Sorry for the rant but my vaping is a hobby,too much time on my hands now.

8mm wrote: »
    I chain vape a lot more then I used to a year ago. Might have something to do with reducing nicotine down to 6mg for the most part.

Only way to deal with with taste boredom is to have lots of flavours and setups. I have 5 on the go and one is a dripper.

2 of my tanks I keep 8-10mg juice in for when I'm just having the occasional vape or out and about. The others are for home use and at 6mg and I chain a bit if on the computer.

I'm not a taste fan at all, I prefer as flavourless as possible TBH.

The thing for me is I get a very enjoyable hit after leaving it down for a while, exactly the same as the fag after the dinner or the first smoke of the day when on cigs.

This wanes the more I veer towards chain vaping, but it was the very same with the smokes anyway, chasing the dragon, smoking too much, not really enjoying half of them, doing it because of habit, and expecting the next one to be as enjoyable as the one after the dinner.

That's why I enjoy vaping so much, for me it's almost identical to smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

A month ago I upgraded to Eleaf GS Air.

Wow/clouds/draw etc. Huge improvement etc.

Now I'm used to it, the wow factor has gone!!

Is this the norm? Where does it end, constantly looking for something better or go back to crap heads for a while and then back to the GS?

Can anyone else relate to this, or is it just me?

Advice please for vaping anxiety issues:)

Thats why its nicknamed cloud-chasing. All ways chasing a bigger cloud. Maybe switch around your liquid. A new flavour might reawaken your passion.

Plus 1 on Shiny-itis.
    I use about 40 mods

40 mods? :eek

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

It's fascinating to see the many different ways that folk go with the vape and what they have made work for themselves.

It's a journey and remember... your vape may vary!

• Advertisement
Advertisement