Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5s swollen battery

• 08-01-2016 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed my wife's iPhone 5s has a bulge on the top right which means the screen is lifting I'm assuming a swollen battery

Anyone had any luck having an out of warranty phone with this issue replaced? See a lot of stories online but that's people walking into apple stores which we can't do really

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Cyrus wrote: »
    Just noticed my wife's iPhone 5s has a bulge on the top right which means the screen is lifting I'm assuming a swollen battery

Anyone had any luck having an out of warranty phone with this issue replaced? See a lot of stories online but that's people walking into apple stores which we can't do really

How long out of warranty? I've had an overheating Mac charging cable replaced out of warranty.

I'd be more worried about the phone going on fire while I was asleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I would contact apple straight away. If it is a bulging battery, it can be quite dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I had one of these, walked into the belfast store and they handed me a new replacement phone without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

take it out its ready to explode .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Hand it in to an Apple Store immediately, it can explode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

there isnt an apple store anywhere in the republic, i just got a new batter put in over the weekend so thats sorted that then

Advertisement