Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oregon Militia occupy Federal Building

• 08-01-2016 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

If you dont know already, a father and son were charged with arson for burning their own land to kill off unwanted disease on there crops and keep down the risk of wildfires.

The judge sentenced the two to prison for a short duration (3 months for one and a year for the other ).

Then after they'd served their sentence and had been released a federal judge argued that 5 years was the MINIMUM for their 'crimes'.

A protest of about 150 people in Oregon then ensured. Following on from that the subsequent occupation of a Wildlife Refuge over the weekend took place by some Militia folks in their disgust at the treatment of the two men.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

Night of the 6th sees some weasel words used by NYC reporter 'Tony' from MSNBC against Ammon Bundy. He is put in his place by Pete Santilli. Thankfully there is no night-attack as first feared at the Refuge.

The Next Day...

The Sheriff, at Burn's Townhall uses the argument that the occupation of the Malheur Facilities is causing disruption in the town of Burns 43 miles away.

He went on to say The school, and courthouse are closed for this reason. The other side claim the reason for the disruption is not their occupation of the distant facility, but the Federal authorities who are using the school and courthouse to stage operations and a future attack on the Refuge.

Additionally it is suggested by independent media that the The airfield is commandeered by Federal authorities.

Some supporters visit the Refuge to show their respects to the Militia. One woman saying, "This has been needed (for) some time in the community. Someone to stand up and speak out for what needs to be done."

Sheriff Ward offers the Militia a 'Way Out' Bundy and the Militia refuses.

Link to Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW4MltI7cV0

The Standoff continues with some new developments.

The Committee of Safety makes its announcement and a slight altercation with the Veterans on Patrol occurs.

At the close of the day the CCF - Citizens for Constitutional Freedom still remain at Malheur resolute.

Here's the latest update:

A new group of Patriots calling themselves the Idaho 3%ers arrives in Burns. They are members of the Pacific Patriots Network. Up to a 100 are on the scene. Although the video uses the term 'Militia' The group considers itself a 'security detail' but will be referred for the sake of brevity as a Militia.

The encounter the FBI at their Airport Compound for an unprecedented meeting between a Militia and Federal Agency.

The Meeting goes well with documentation given and peaceful words exchanged.

The Idaho 3%ers next arrive at the Malheur Refuge.

Ammon Bundy was not expecting them, but invited them into the compound where the two leaders spoke.

The original plan to provide security at the Refuge is politely declined by the CCF which stands for Citizens for Constitutional Freedom.

However the I3%ers do station themselves within driving distance at Burn's to provide security and protection there, as well as if there is an escalation at the Refuge.

Latest News Flash - The Fence is Coming Down!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What's with the youtube dump? What's your opinion on the matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

MarkR wrote: »

Yes, I cannot discern an opinion either. Any of us can look up Youtube. My opinion is that this oddity will have to end soon. The imprisoned men don't want this help. The Bundy's likely revel in the attention they have got, and are good with the media, although they lack any apparent strategic sense. I reckon they are hoping that local and Federal government over-react in some way, and that they can garner support that way. Reckless, whatever the thinking is behind the occupation.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Seems the authorities are doing pretty good job at leaving them play soldier until they get bored and go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

OP moved from the UK to the states do he could 'live free' and own lots of guns.

Take what ye want from that...

MarkR wrote: »

LOL. The YT dump is a way of taking the narrative back from the lamestream news which peddles lies and deception.

My opinion is:

I want the ways of small-government not big to return to the USA.

Constitutional law not statutory law should have a precedence.

The occupiers of the BLM land are doing the right thing.

endacl wrote: »
    OP moved from the UK to the states do he could 'live free' and own lots of guns.

Take what ye want from that...

Yes I DO live free in the USA. I can get my own food without the GMO junk in it. No planning permission whatsever, I can cut trees, mill wood, build a world with like-minded freedom-minded people. You know, the types that migrated from Europe back in the day to get away from rule-makers in the first place.

LOL. I can own guns in Ireland if I wanted and already owned them in the UK. You tut-tutting types putting guns as 'bad' things. :rolleyes:

Have another dump.

• Advertisement

Not 'tut tutting' at all. Simply providing a context. I respect your choice to be as paranoid about big gubberment as you like. Rock on.

endacl wrote: »
    Not 'tut tutting' at all. Simply providing a context. I respect your choice to be as paranoid about big gubberment as you like. Rock on.
    It's not paranoia to be critical of big government, it's common sense. I know where a better life is and by default I was correct. So less of your little weasel words and trolly comments.

Off with you! LOL

The Latest News Update from Burn's Sheriff and an elected representative. Also the response from the Malheur Refuge Facility currently occupied by the CCF Militia.

In other news, a reporter (RT) was allowed in to the facility and viewed the capacious food reserves and mess hall.

https://www.rt.com/usa/328708-ammon-bundy-oregon-interview/

Who cares? Nut jobs acting nutty. It's what nut jobs do.

:)

More news in. :D

Latest News Update:

Latest news from the Oregon Standoff.

Latest Update valid til early this afternoon.

BUT!

News is coming in of shots fired, the hospital in lock-down and Ammon Bundy is possibly in Custody!!!??

Fools.

bundycultoccupyoregon-700x336.jpg

Latest Update:

The Siege Begins!

It is with regret that Robert LaVoy Finicum was killed during an attempted arrest.

Both Bundy Brothers, Shawna Cox, Jon Ritzheimer and others were arrested en-route to a meeting in the neighboring county.

Some suspect they were 'baited' by the Sheriff there.

The Refuge holds firm though and, according to some sources (Pete Santilli), will fight to the death!

The FBI have asked that the people inside leave by midnight. Few have complied and stand with the Citizens for Constitutional Freedom (CCF)

• Advertisement

Eye witness from the scene!

Finicum has his hands in the air! 100s of shots fired. Not one shot fired in retaliation by militia in cars!!!!

How did Bundy and his crew end up arrested? Turns out Sheriff Palmer may have hand in it:

Latest Video News Update:

Advertisement