Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia frame peeling off

Options
  • 08-01-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

I've had endless problems with my Sony Xperia Z3since I got it, have been to two different repair shops and still having issues... A timeframe of events-
    First time, little under a month owning phone didn't get a cover stupidly, dropped it, screen cracked and digitization fluted..

Go to Three, told it wasn't covered under warranty and there was nothing they could do for me ( untrue, their official repair partner wasn't offered as an option)

Go to a repair shop on customers sale advisors recommendation... Paid over 100 to get it fixed, then bought tampered glass to cover it and a fold over phone cover. Grand, or so I thought... Little under two weeks later, I take my phone out of pocket and notice screen has cracked and piece of frame under glass (bottom border) is disintegration. Take it back to shop, who refuse to take responsibility, say it's my fault, say it's not possible for the screen to have cracked because of a) poor quality replacement, they're officially Sony apparently or b) because of poor application of said replacement.. That's according to owner despite offering one year warranty on repair.

Go to another repair shop to get botched up job by former fixed. Pay another 100 plus.. And you pray to God that's the end of that!
    About two weeks after repair I notice data/coverage is dropping and that several people have remarked it's hard to hear me..great I think but figure it's a network thing.. Get replacement sim but no difference.. Uh oh might be the handset. One day a piece of top corner on frame falls off.. I tgen start noticing the frame itself has became unstuck, with components of phone itself now exposed.. Might go to explaining the drops in coverage with frame no longer holding anything in place.. Go to a repair shop and get told in his opinion that frame not seated properly and recommends going back to place where I got it repaired... Full disclosure before I fill in last part, I had dropped it and there's a crack in the screen, but digitization fine and figure dropping it shouldn't lead to frame unstucking. Don't need screen replaced, just want it seated properly.

Get there and they say they won't do it, point that it's cracked and I'd have to pay to get screen and frame replaced, despite my arguing they hadn't placed it correctly. Went to Three, guy there was of opinion it hadn't been done properly and they should be able to glue it back..tells me to go to shop and ask for owner and explain situation.. Saying rep had sent me as they send customers there all the time. Owner stands firm, remembers how I had got done over previous time.. But that I'd have to pay for replacement that they wouldn't be able to glue frame back and cites that screen and frame came together as a replacement and so it can't be component and that it would of been done properly and that she has never had someone come in with this problem before.

Once again I feel it's their word vs. mine, feel like I've been screwed over twice. If I had sent my phone off to Three's repair guys I feel I wouldn't be having this problem, plus now I have voided warranty by going to third party...fantastic.
    Do I have any recourse here? I'm stuck on a 22 month contract for a phone I've paid nearly paid for by this stage in repairs and I'm at wits end, my only other option would seem to be to get cheap smartphone then get Bellway switched over to that phone, but that's still going to cost me around 100, plus an unfavourable price plan

(funny thing is, when I went back to last repair shop I thought I recognised technician from previous one, knowing my luck it wouldn't surprise me!)

ETA: I'm also concerned that if I did pay to get screen replaced that it wouldn't fix the issue if a component was out of place I.e the Antenna.

Advertisement