Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florabest Shredder Fault

Options
  • 08-01-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have one of these shredders from lidl and it has developed a fault. It got clogged up on me, cleared the blockage but now the motor wont turn. The machine powers up ok, motor tries to turn in both directions, but doesn't move. It only gives a humming sound when trying to turn. Any ideas? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You still got the receipt?
    Apparently the likes of Aldi and Lidl don't argue when you return faulty items, they are meant to be very good with refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭fox0512

Just play dumb and return it...that humming sound may be just its still choked up somewhere or its a lot more serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

NIMAN wrote: »
    You still got the receipt?

unfortunately i dont as its not mine and i suspect the receipt is long gone as the machine looks to be a couple of years old.
    fox0512 wrote: »
    Just play dumb and return it...that humming sound may be just its still choked up somewhere or its a lot more serious!

cleared the blockage so i suspect the fault is a bit more serious. ive been told its probably either the bearing or capacitor so fixing it could be beyond me but i ll give it a go anyway. thanks anyway folks

easy fix if its the capacitor..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

fox0512 wrote: »
    easy fix if its the capacitor..

yea ive been told that but ive no experience in doing so. i have a funny feeling it is the capacitor though as theres gooey crap on the outside casing of the motor which i think might be dielectric from the capacitor. i ll investigate further during the week.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    yea ive been told that but ive no experience in doing so. i have a funny feeling it is the capacitor though as theres gooey crap on the outside casing of the motor which i think might be dielectric from the capacitor. i ll investigate further during the week.

Yep...if you have some goo coming out its toast...good news is it doesnt have to be a flora part...just same voltage in any make...keep in mind the size of cap detentions when ordering...you will need the same if space it tight

Advertisement