Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I serve with...?

Options
  • 08-01-2016 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a little advice. Having some friends for dinner tomorrow. For mains I am having chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and tomato wrapped in Parma ham and roasted veg. I'm wondering what sauce/gravy I could serve with this or if I did garlic potatoes also would that be ok?!

Any advice or opinions appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

If you're doing garlic potatoes, which tend to be quite moist, I wouldn't necessarily do a sauce.

If you're doing plainer accompaniments then I find a little pesto type dressing with the chicken works well. So either get some pesto from a jar and whizz up with some good quality olive oil or else get some fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and pepper and blitz in blender and drizzle over chicken when done.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

Merkin wrote: »
    If you're doing garlic potatoes, which tend to be quite moist, I wouldn't necessarily do a sauce.

If you're doing plainer accompaniments then I find a little pesto type dressing with the chicken works well. So either get some pesto from a jar and whizz up with some good quality olive oil or else get some fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and pepper and blitz in blender and drizzle over chicken when done.

Thanks for that, I hadn't thought of pesto but that could be great and tasty. I might try that instead of the garlic potatoes.

Advertisement