Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy IPhone 6 screen replacement?

• 08-01-2016 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to buy a replacement iPhone 6 screen. Cheaply.

I want an original genuine Apple screen.

I've been trying to get on below €80.

Can anyone help direct me where to buy one online,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

sedohre wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to buy a replacement iPhone 6 screen. Cheaply.

I want an original genuine Apple screen.

I've been trying to get on below €80.

Can anyone help direct me where to buy one online,

Thanks
    you won't get a genuine apple screen for less than I think 199euro.and if anyone 2trying to sell you one bar apple they are lying. And selling you China made crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Did we not already answer your question or do you not believe you cannot buy a genuine iPhone 6 screen anywhere let alone for €80?
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056368266/7/#post98267525
    So only Apple and €127.30 and they'll even fix it for you.
    They only other option I can think of is to look for an iPhone 6 sold for parts, but you'll probably only find iCloud locked ones which are most likely stolen and you're not going to be able to tell if the screen was ever replaced for a non-genuine one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

flyguy wrote: »
    Did we not already answer your question or do you not believe you cannot buy a genuine iPhone 6 screen anywhere let alone for €80?
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056368266/7/#post98267525
    So only Apple and €127.30 and they'll even fix it for you.
    They only other option I can think of is to look for an iPhone 6 sold for parts, but you'll probably only find iCloud locked ones which are most likely stolen and you're not going to be able to tell if the screen was ever replaced for a non-genuine one.

I didn't notice that I had a reply already "flyguy". Thanks for your polite response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

dave oc wrote: »

Providing the Iphone is under 12mths old. If it's outside that, which is possible, then that €127.30 nearly trebles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

massy086 wrote: »
    you won't get a genuine apple screen for less than I think 199euro.and if anyone 2trying to sell you one bar apple they are lying. And selling you China made crap

im not disagreeing and have just had my 6s plus screen replaced by apple myself rather than going into a shop and paying the same but to be fair the oem screen is china made as well :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

dodzy wrote: »
    Providing the Iphone is under 12mths old. If it's outside that, which is possible, then that €127.30 nearly trebles.

I don't think that's true. The screen replacement fee is specifically mentioned under the options after the in-warranty service (so it's under the options where warranty does not apply). If the phone has further damage than only the screen though Apple could charge the out-of-warranty fee, which does look around 3 times as much. Having damage to the casing for example (like a dent) that would prevent a new screen from fitting properly would likely incur the full out-of-warranty charge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

flyguy wrote: »
    I don't think that's true. The screen replacement fee is specifically mentioned under the options after the in-warranty service (so it's under the options where warranty does not apply). If the phone has further damage than only the screen though Apple could charge the out-of-warranty fee, which does look around 3 times as much. Having damage to the casing for example (like a dent) that would prevent a new screen from fitting properly would likely incur the full out-of-warranty charge...

You are correct. I was reading the below extract and it appeared to me that once it goes past 1yr, you'd be hit for the higher cost but I can confirm that this fee is only applicable if there is other damage ( say a damaged case, for example )

Out-of-Warranty Service

If you own an iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service, Apple will service your iPhone for the Out-of-Warranty Service Fee listed below.
    Model Out-of-warranty service fee
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus €351.30
    iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 €321.30
    iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c,
    iPhone 5 €291.30
    iPhone 4s €221.30
    iPhone 4 €167.30

Advertisement