Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation weather thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

lord lucan wrote: »
    Last I heard DUB is due to close at 15.00 today but that's not definite,they may still try to get remaining evening departures out,the ones that haven't been cancelled. luxair still showing as scheduled on FIDS.

Latest here:://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/update-storm-emma-Mar1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

trellheim wrote: »
    Is that the airlines or ATC closure

Airlines and daa.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

https://youtu.be/KTQKDQZb2Bc

Pretty good video of what the airport looks like, think it was from yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Thanks all. Post Friday what does next 7 days look like ( yes I know its Crystall Ball ) but is it planned to return to normal ops... sorry Im not close to this but need to plan out next fortnight appreciate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Thanks all. Post Friday what does next 7 days look like ( yes I know its Crystall Ball ) but is it planned to return to normal ops... sorry Im not close to this but need to plan out next fortnight appreciate

This gives a sense of what the trend at DUB may be.
    http://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/16days.asp?zipcode=EIDW&locationID=62197&lat=53.3&lon=-6.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Popeleo wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the taxi situation is like in DUB today? I have a family member in the air and due in around 14:30.

Also, if they are running now, will they be still running after 16:00 or are pax stranded there until after the snowpocalypse?
    I know taxis are self-employed, so their choice to go out or not but will the DAA facilitate them?

I got a mytaxi at 00:30 last night from T2 to home, he just happened to be using the petrol station nearby. Was like a scene from 28 days later but we didnt die.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Airlines and daa.

Airport says otherwise:

https://twitter.com/DublinAirport/status/969209578448670720

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Forecast is for snow to lessen from Saturday onwards. It will stay cool but the precipitation should reduce considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Snn will be closed from this evening until 0500 Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Emirates still telling me in flying to Dublin tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

SWEI0035 EIDW 03011425
    (SNOWTAM 0035
    A) EIDW
    B) 03011425 C) 10 F) 6/6/6 G) 03/03/03 H) 5/5/5
    T) RUNWAY 10/28 SWEPT AND TREATED WITH KAC. SLUSH CONTAMINATION 10
    PERCENT. EXERCISE CAUTION ALL TAXIWAYS.
    )

3 mm of slush on the runway at Dublin. Braking action estimated to be good.

General snow depth is 12 cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Last I heard DUB is due to close at 15.00 today but that's not definite,they may still try to get remaining evening departures out,the ones that haven't been cancelled. luxair still showing as scheduled on FIDS.
    thanks. They did eventually cancel and put me on tomorrow's flight. I have requested a trip cancellation as surface transport is cancelled all day tomorrow too and regardless of whether the plane gets to Dublin or not, I would still be stranded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Carnmore wrote: »
    Calina wrote: »
    thanks. They did eventually cancel and put me on tomorrow's flight. I have requested a trip cancellation as surface transport is cancelled all day tomorrow too and regardless of whether the plane gets to Dublin or not, I would still be stranded.

Did the refund form work for you? It wouldn't for me (see my earlier post)

Were you flying Luxair? Their customer contact centre told me to use the contact form and I had no problems submitting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Emirates staff are saying Saturday now

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

What’s the chances of getting out of Dublin on Saturday? I see they have just extended red warning until 6pm on Friday evening.

eoz wrote: »
    What’s the chances of getting out of Dublin on Saturday? I see they have just extended red warning until 6pm on Friday evening.

Currently forecasts look ok, but they extended the alert because the system is moving slower than predicted, so ya never know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Heading to JFK @ 10:50am Sat morning so here's hoping:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Micky 32 wrote: »

Another thing is, will your aircraft be back in Dublin in time to operate your flight or will it be diverted or delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Locker10a wrote: »
    Another thing is, will your aircraft be back in Dublin in time to operate your flight or will it be diverted or delayed

No idea but Aerlingus haven't sent me an email about a delay yet. However todays flights out of JFK are canceled so if the airport reopens for Saturday morning they might get out of JFK tomorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Most Aer Lingus LH fleet are currently in the US/Canada, so presuming the weather's fine Saturday morning all should go well.

• Advertisement

Locker10a wrote: »

Who knows how things will change, but it seems at the moment their plan is to operate very little tomorrow in order to have everyone in place for a smooth return to normal service Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zVGkKYcYGFQ

That's a link to an audio+visual of Dublin airports atc and ground ops.
    The lax inbound Ethiopian just continued on,did it go to fco?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

drdeadlift wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zVGkKYcYGFQ

That's a link to an audio+visual of Dublin airports atc and ground ops.
    The lax inbound Ethiopian just continued on,did it go to fco?

Went to LHR

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Micky 32 wrote: »
    https://www.aerlingus.com/support/flight-disruption-information/

Aer Lingus saying that they plan to operate full schedule on Sat 3rd.
    They expect that flights from the US will leave tonight, problem is that they have to get into Dublin and Shannon tomorrow morning in order to be in place to operate flights to the US on Saturday morning and afternoon.

ONe thing I was wondering .... Leaving 320s,330s and 738s out for 24 hours or so do without starting do they need a bit of defrosting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

ONe thing I was wondering .... Leaving 320s,330s and 738s out for 24 hours or so do without starting do they need a bit of defrosting ?

Ah sure, just leave the engine running for a bit in the driveway and squirt some of the ould de-icer on the windscreen and she'll be good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Type certification requires ability to start up from a cold soak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xku3go2OGh8

Bear in mind in flight the aircraft is moving through air which is -60C

Type certification requires ability to start up from a cold soak
    no need for a jump start so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

For us the issue is oil temperature, we can start at minus 40C, but can't advance the throttles until the oil is at -30C or hotter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

I can't see that being a problem

Advertisement