Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation weather thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

trellheim wrote: »
    ONe thing I was wondering .... Leaving 320s,330s and 738s out for 24 hours or so do without starting do they need a bit of defrosting ?

De ice fluid could become a problem too. A widebody could use nearly 5,000 litres depending on how contaminated it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

Looks like Aer Lingus are cancelling some short haul flights for tomorrow morning now also...

rio1 wrote: »
    Looks like Aer Lingus are cancelling some short haul flights for tomorrow morning now also...

As are Ryanair. Conditions are worsening at the field again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

I have just deleted a number of posts about de icing. First reason is that the fluid used by DAA to de ice the ramps and runways is completely different to the fluid used to de ice airframes, and second, the suggestion about shortage of fluid was not confirmed

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

I'm flying in to.dublin today after a 2 night delay.

Is it likely or is Dublin still iced ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Which flight are you on? EK161 is enroute and the EK2501 and EK163 are scheduled for later.

Growler!!! wrote: »

Which flight are you on? EK161 is enroute and the EK2501 and EK163 are scheduled for later.
    Ek2501

I think it's an extra flight they put on just to clear the back log??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Are any flights making it out?

The live departures site shows some flights that weren't canceled but don't show as departed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EI got a flight to LGW out

A few Ryanair's have just arrived but nothing seems to have left. Quite a few EI A330's have also arrived

Eithad stuck almost an hour waiting for a gate as there is another Eithad on gate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hi guys, I'm stuck on an airplane on the runway. We were due to depart at 8.40 for London but we were delayed boarding (unknown reason), delayed further due to a technical fault and now are delayed even further due to weather/runway being closed and staff shortage.
    We are now nearly 3 hours delayed. I'm just wondering if the airline are obliged to provide anything for us? Myself and the missus are starving here but so far have been offered nothing (not even water).
    Any help is much appreciated, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

The airport is open ( the runways are anyway ) I am listening to the ATC feed and aircraft are landing and taking off. ( you can see them on FR24 ) It looks like utter chaos on the ground though trying to get airplanes in though as every stand looks full.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hi guys, I'm stuck on an airplane on the runway. We were due to depart at 8.40 for London but we were delayed boarding (unknown reason), delayed further due to a technical fault and now are delayed even further due to weather/runway being closed and staff shortage.
    We are now nearly 3 hours delayed. I'm just wondering if the airline are obliged to provide anything for us? Myself and the missus are starving here but so far have been offered nothing (not even water).
    Any help is much appreciated, thanks very much.
    You’re just caught up in the chaos of trying to get things away from an airport that’s been snow closed for days, you’re lucky your flight is going at all. You won’t get any compo.
    Crew aren’t permitted to do a service on the ground, certainly not while waiting for departure

Put it this way if the aircraft was OK to go, Dublin would love to get you out as you are taking up ramp space !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Locker10a wrote: »
    You’re just caught up in the chaos of trying to get things away from an airport that’s been snow closed for days, you’re lucky your flight is going at all. You won’t get any compo.
    Crew aren’t permitted to do a service on the ground, certainly not while waiting for departure

I'm lucky? How do you make that out? Gate was supposed to close at 8.10 so we've essentially been without the opportunity for food or drink for nearly 4 hours now. I suppose I'm lucky I'm not left starving like all the children in Africa either :rolleyes:
    And as said, a technical fault was initially the problem, we'd be in London an hour ago if it wasn't for that. Wouldn't be a big deal if they even offered us a chance to buy a sandwich.

Anyway, went up to the (lovely) air hostess and she kindly provided us with food. Looks like we're getting going now so hopefully anyone else in the same position as myself doesn't have a long wait. Nothing but parked planes to my left and right so it looks like there'll be a plenty of delays.

Locker10a wrote: »

I'm lucky? How do you make that out? Gate was supposed to close at 8.10 so we've essentially been without the opportunity for food or drink for nearly 4 hours now. I suppose I'm lucky I'm not left starving like all the children in Africa either :rolleyes:
    And as said, a technical fault was initially the problem, we'd be in London an hour ago if it wasn't for that. Wouldn't be a big deal if they even offered us a chance to buy a sandwich.

Anyway, went up to the (lovely) air hostess and she kindly provided us with food. Looks like we're getting going now so hopefully anyone else in the same position as myself doesn't have a long wait. Nothing but parked planes to my left and right so it looks like there'll be a plenty of delays.
    Yeah you are lucky, poor things going to London a couple hours late... there are people who’ve been stranded for days, missed connections, weekends away, weddings, funerals and other family events, had to cancel holidays they’ve been looking forward to for months, but that all pales in comparison to you getting to London a few hours late....

If your phone can do it , you can listen to what is happening at https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I'm lucky? How do you make that out?

This weekend I was supposed to be at a major event in the Netherlands with a large group of friends from all over Europe. Most of them are there right now. I'm sitting at home feeling sorry for myself as my flight was cancelled and the next one I could get was Monday.

So yes, you are one of the lucky ones.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Thats a bit harsh folks, they could have been going to a funeral too. It also sounds like the Captain is not communicating well to pax either, although in fairness he might not have much to tell.

trellheim wrote: »
    Thats a bit harsh folks, they could have been going to a funeral too. It also sounds like the Captain is not communicating well to pax either, although in fairness he might not have much to tell.
    Sorry but they’re still going somewhere albeit late.
    I’ve not seen one flight leaving Dublin on time this morning. Everything seems to be 2-4 hours late

• Advertisement

Flight from.dubai landed on time and only a 20 wait for out gate. The baggage handlers are a ****ing joke. They keep making announcements changing the belt different bags are coming on. Since I cleared passport control and they just announced the bags for my flight will be up in 20. Idiots , complete and utter idiots

Flight from.dubai landed on time and only a 20 wait for out gate. The baggage handlers are a ****ing joke. They keep making announcements changing the belt different bags are coming on. Since I cleared passport control and they just announced the bags for my flight will be up in 20. Idiots , complete and utter idiots
    Jeez calm down, have you considered there might be a reason unknown to you and I as to why the collection belt had to change, in the grand scheme of things I’d say having to walk a few meters to another belt isn’t the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Would you ever relax in your tracks. You got here safely. Maybe you are tired and emotional.

Get a grip. That is a total overreaction IMV.

There have been people stuck in Dublin for a couple of days now waiting to get out.

But if I have misinterpreted your anger, you might put me right.

An hour and 15 mins after clearing passport control and bags haven't started coming out yet

Back of the shovel is what these cretins want

An hour and 15 mins after clearing passport control and bags haven't started coming out yet

Go away and have a sit down. Trying conditions the last few days with staff working their arses off and you are worried about your bags being a few mins late. Take a chill pill and put your phone down.

God love ya, I’ll be thinking of ya

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Not like there's any exceptional conditions lately :rolleyes:

I'm all about good service, and will point out faults where they are present when some others won't, however your outrage is completely OTT and infact rather strange. Have you some agenda or simply in a bad mood?

JCX BXC wrote: »

Not like there's any exceptional conditions lately :rolleyes:

I'm all about good service, and will point out faults where they are present when some others won't, however your outrage is completely OTT and infact rather strange. Have you some agenda or simply in a bad mood?
    Totally agree, waiting for bags would quickly frustrate me too, in ordinary circumstances, however given context re: the last few days I’d have just accepted the airport is in chaos mode and there’s not much can be done.
    It’s not like monty wasn’t aware either, he’s been following this thread for days !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

After holding for a while on the ramp, EK2501 was assigned a different arrival gate than planned (for which the crew were grateful) in order to get parked more quickly, as the original one was still occupied.

• Advertisement

3 or 4 flights came in after us and got there luggage. The woman on the swisport desk is getting very stressed and alot of customers are giving her greif

2 hours 40 mins after landing and on 10%ish of the bags have come out

Advertisement