Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What star am I seeing

Options
  • 09-01-2016 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

In Sligo looking eastwards there is an exceptionally bright star in the sky. It is much lower to the horizon than any other star in the sky and indeed any star I have ever seen. I have also never seen a star in this position before as it instantly grabbed my attention and I am often out star gazing.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

It's the planet Jupiter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

JJayoo wrote: »
    In Sligo looking eastwards there is an exceptionally bright star in the sky. It is much lower to the horizon than any other star in the sky and indeed any star I have ever seen. I have also never seen a star in this position before as it instantly grabbed my attention and I am often out star gazing.

Download Google skymap app for android and iPhone. Point it at the sky and it identifies what stars etc you are looking at.

Advertisement