Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test in Navan

Options
  • 09-01-2016 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have my test booked and I would appreciate any advice on it. What is Navan like for the test, what's the best time to do it and how did your test go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

You can check the pass rate online. I think Navan is around average. It's not difficult if you get plenty of practice around the town.

Did mine at around 10am, which was ideal because I avoided the school run and it meant there weren't many cars coming out of estates because most people had gone to work. Meant it was quiet for the turnaround. Passed on the 3rd go.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thanlon2704

Yeah I wasn't sure what time to do it at, some said 10 as well as the roads are clear and some said 5 as you'd be stuck in traffic and that would kill time. I have friends and family who failed it multiple times before passing it, the only problem with that is handing more cash over.

Thanks very much for the advice, I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Yeah I wasn't sure what time to do it at, some said 10 as well as the roads are clear and some said 5 as you'd be stuck in traffic and that would kill time. I have friends and family who failed it multiple times before passing it, the only problem with that is handing more cash over.

Thanks very much for the advice, I appreciate it.

You're better off with the roads being quiet. The more cars on the road, the more 'situations' that can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Passed mine 1st time at 6pm Friday the 13th August 5 or 6 years ago :D was the last one at the centre in and out in half an hour, I think the test instructor just wanted to go home!! do a few pretests and get to know the test routes etc, you will be fine. Be careful entering and exiting the test centre as the turns are quite sharp.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

My missus passed her's first time. She left the test centre and duly drove up Cannon Row - against the one way system :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Didn't see this at the time but if not too late (or just for posterity), there are a few videos of the driving routes for the test in Navan.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvigemfueea2TFDaa57RvA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Passed mine first time. About half 3 on a friday in september. As you can imagine the town was fairly choked so we spent very little time in the town itself and the bit we did do was mostly sitting in traffic.

Someone I know failed for not looking properly before entering the little turns as soon as you leave the test centre, so be wary of that.

Cheers for showing me those video's, they are helping me a lot.

Yeah the placement of the test centre is unbelievable, tiny entrance with two sharp turns with two stop signs straight away on a hill. I wonder how many people have failed on just that part.

My test isn't till the beginning of March and I've done a few pre tests to get rid of any bad habits I picked up. I really hope I don't fail as the real killer is having to wait another 8 to 10 weeks. It plays on your mind a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Think I did mine at 9AM (The 2nd time out), in the Summer so roads were quiet. What got me when I failed was slowing down too soon coming up to the driving test centre (I don't think any other motorists do 50 or 60? KMH coming up there). I think doing a pretest with a driver instructor you didnt do your lessons with is a great help, get a good objective view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭uli84

Which road/roads in Navan they do reverse around the corner, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Mine was done in the housing estate up the road from the test center. They could do it anywhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

When u get to centre reverse into the spot so when your going it's easier to get out, and when u come back after test just drive straight in. Mine was 9am on Monday morning and passed first time (it was midterm break for schools though so traffic wasn't too bad) just watch out for speed limits. They like the housing estates beside Johnstown shopping centre for doing manoeuvres

I got a text that I need to come in with a full licensed driver, if I don't will they fail me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

I got a text that I need to come in with a full licensed driver, if I don't will they fail me?

I didn't have anyone with me when I did mine and nothing was said, mine was about two years ago though.

Advertisement