Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy saving or LED light bulbs?

• 09-01-2016 7:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place to pick energy saving or LED light bulbs for a good price? Need to stock up for the house.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Make a lost of what wattages you currently have and what fitment

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

Lidl on Monday 11th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Sorry for the delayed reply.

B22d fitments, and as for wattages, well they'd be fore main overhead lights in the livingroom, kitchen, hallways, bathroom and bedrooms so I'm guessing the equivalent of 40 to 60w? The ones I'm using currently are the Genie 8w Philips stick type and they seems ok for the bedrooms anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

The Genie 8w Philips looks to be CFL and not LED lights BTW..
    I think the 40W would be good for landing, bathroom and hallways. But you really need at least 80w for kitchen, living room and bedrooms. Based on my experience as I find the 40w to weak.

However if you are looking for LEDs I would suggest trying ikea out, they have a vast range of led bulbs. and apparently they are cheaper to light than cfl lights too. - http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/lighting/light-bulbs-accessories/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The Genie 8w Philips looks to be CFL and not LED lights BTW..
    I think the 40W would be good for landing, bathroom and hallways. But you really need at least 80w for kitchen, living room and bedrooms. Based on my experience as I find the 40w to weak.

However if you are looking for LEDs I would suggest trying ikea out, they have a vast range of led bulbs. and apparently they are cheaper to light than cfl lights too. - http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/lighting/light-bulbs-accessories/

Yeah I'd be looking for either CFL or LED, just looking for the best deal for either I can find. Need to be B22d fitments for my purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Yeah I'd be looking for either CFL or LED, just looking for the best deal for either I can find. Need to be B22d fitments for my purposes.
    b22d is just standard bayonet type. As mentioned, Ikea for the bulbs. They also sell the adapter from b22 to screw type (the bulk of the ikea stuff will be screw type). Only cost pennies too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

dodzy wrote: »
    b22d is just standard bayonet type. As mentioned, Ikea for the bulbs. They also sell the adapter from b22 to screw type (the bulk of the ikea stuff will be screw type). Only cost pennies too.

Didnt know they sold an adapter, have bought a shedload of their bulbs, great price.

Advertisement