Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Base for steel shed

Options
  • 09-01-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi, could anyone give me a rough estimate of cost to put a concrete base down for a 40ft X 17ft steel garage? It would be 6inches depth of concrete in total comprising 4inches with a 2 inch step.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hi, could anyone give me a rough estimate of cost to put a concrete base down for a 40ft X 17ft steel garage? It would be 6inches depth of concrete in total comprising 4inches with a 2 inch step.

€2000 or thereabouts.

Are you going to put steel in it to reinforce it?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

blade1 wrote: »
    €2000 or thereabouts.

Are you going to put steel in it to reinforce it?

If it needs it, I'm not sure. Won't be driving on it or anything like that. Would the 2000 get it done, labour and materials?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If it needs it, I'm not sure. Won't be driving on it or anything like that. Would the 2000 get it done, labour and materials?

I paid 1100 for around half that size which included materials,labour and steel reinforcing.
    Better to be safe than sorry.
    I have seen a floor of a big shed without steel splitting from one corner to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Once you have your shed installed you will need to line the base and then raise the floor by a further 30mm or so to prevent water running across the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

Thank you all for the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement