Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airplay option not present on iPad Air iOS 8.0.2

• 09-01-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭

From reading stuff online I thought Airplay should be available on iOS 8. I'm using iOS 8.0.2 and don't see it. here's a screenshot of what it should look like when one has it.

23903546379_8797778560_z.jpg

Here's mine, just has Airdrop.

23644568133_74eeb675a1_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Have you got an Airplay-compatible device, such as an AppleTV, on your LAN, and are it and your iPad both signed into the same Home Sharing AppleID?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Not sure but for AirPlay do you not at least need wifi (or Bluetooth?) neither seems to be on in your screenshot...
    The AirPlay option will probably appear when there's a device detected that you can AirPlay something to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

I had got a Miracast and had tried pairing the 2 (iPad and Miracast) over the WiFi network and the Airplay icon was still not visible. Just enquiring in retrospect after having returned the Miracast. i tried it with an Android tablet and it had no problem connecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Think it's similar, but have a chrome cast and that works with iOS, just not with all the functionality of AirPlay. Usually it involves downloading an app to make it work, chromecast app for the google one (and have samsung smart view app for my tv).
    I don't think you can screen mirror like with airplay, but in a lot of apps you'll see the cast option appear next to the airplay icon when playing a video. It's usually missing in the ....-box type apps that provide non-licenced content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I had got a Miracast and had tried pairing the 2 (iPad and Miracast) over the WiFi network and the Airplay icon was still not visible. Just enquiring in retrospect after having returned the Miracast. i tried it with an Android tablet and it had no problem connecting.

Was it definitely AirPlay compatible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I don't think miracast is airplay compatible, they are different standards, but some miracast devices may include airplay streaming. Some apps may be miracast compatible. As far as I know, you will only see the airplay option in control centre from your home screen if you have a device on your network that supports airplay mirroring. If an app is compatible with miracast, they will have the option to turn it on from within the app itself, not in control centre.

Advertisement