Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Getting a separate breakdown cover policy than from my insurer

• 09-01-2016 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm currently with Adelaide insurance (TPFT, breakdown and legal) for a very reasonable sum and my insurance is up for renewal soon. However, as my bike is now over 15 years old (2001), my breakdown cover is no longer valid for it. I'm very happy with Adelaide and would hope to stay with them, is it possible to stay with them for insurance and get a different company for breakdown coverage (or anyone who'll be willing to cover a 2001 bike?

If it makes any difference, I'm 26 with a full category A license and 2 years NCB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Dayo93

Lockstep wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm currently with Adelaide insurance (TPFT, breakdown and legal) for a very reasonable sum and my insurance is up for renewal soon. However, as my bike is now over 15 years old (2001), my breakdown cover is no longer valid for it. I'm very happy with Adelaide and would hope to stay with them, is it possible to stay with them for insurance and get a different company for breakdown coverage (or anyone who'll be willing to cover a 2001 bike?

If it makes any difference, I'm 26 with a full category A license and 2 years NCB.

Yes I am with adelaide and do not have breakdown cover with them.on my policy it was an extra. This resulted in a decrease of 45 euro on my policy.
    Not sure of other options for breakdown cover, I have AA which covers me not only for the bike but any vehicle I am passenger in or driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Same here. I have AA membership which covers the individual in any vehicle as far as I know, so I've taken breakdown off all my cat/bike policies.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

What model of bike is it out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Same here. I have AA membership which covers the individual in any vehicle as far as I know, so I've taken breakdown off all my cat/bike policies.

+1 AA is well handy covers bikes and cars that your using

Advertisement