Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 535 APN settings

• 09-01-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I had bought the above model locked to vodafone and subsequently got it unlocked in one of the shops. I am using a tesco mobile sim and while I can use the phone on wifi and can message and call fine; I cannot use the 3g on it at all. I received the APN settings from Tesco but when I click on access point on the phone it says that the access point setting was available for earlier versions and wont work with current OS. Is there any way to change to older OS (this is win 8.1) or any other way to get the 3G working on tesco network? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Would you consider upgrading to windows 10?

Better apn settings also with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Have you tried setting up the APN settings manually from this page http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/phone-settings.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chryan

Hi, can i upgrade phone to win 10? Is it Simple enough? (Not very tech-savvy here) and would it allow to change apn settings then?

Pizzahead77, I did and I went to Tesco mobile kiosk as well. Neither was useful. All they said was to downgrade my windows to a point I could access the "access point" settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Chryan wrote: »
    Hi, can i upgrade phone to win 10? Is it Simple enough? (Not very tech-savvy here) and would it allow to change apn settings then?

Pizzahead77, I did and I went to Tesco mobile kiosk as well. Neither was useful. All they said was to downgrade my windows to a point I could access the "access point" settings.

Just wondering if you've had any joy with the APN settings yet?

Advertisement