Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Pizza App

Options
  • 09-01-2016 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Not a consumer issue per Se but more of a warning.

Was going to order from apache last night and due to not having any cash on me I decided to use their Iphone App.
    So I chose the pizza which came in at €11.74 (eventhough this pizza is advertised as €9.99) add to this a €2 delivery charge and then when I got to the payment section they were charging me an extra €.94 to use a card (there is a cod using chip and pin option but my branch does not allow this).

So if you collect it yourself and order over the phone the cost is €9.99
    but if you use their app, pay by card and get it delivered it is €14.68 so an extra €4.69 for convenience I think its a bit much.

Needless to say we didn't order Pizza.

Tip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Pizza cheaper to collect than get delivered, not much of a shocker to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

ASOT wrote: »
    Pizza cheaper to collect than get delivered, not much of a shocker to be honest.

its not the delivery charge but essentially the additional €1.75 for the privilege of using the app

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

App may be free to download but has to pay for itself somehow.

Extra charge probably to do with a 3rd or 4th party security on the card processing over mobile via the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

At least your store allow you to use a card. My local Apache don't.

I see your point op. It is a bit steep using their app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

sconhome wrote: »

Extra charge probably to do with a 3rd or 4th party security on the card processing over mobile via the app.

it gets worse I just checked and the price is the same if you order on their site.

The card charge of €.94 would cover what you are mentioning http://www.apache.ie/online-credit-card-charges

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I can't figure out whether I'm missing something, or whether your calculations seem odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Apache Pizza suck anyway so it's not much of a loss. The app is dreadful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

The brother ordered a pizza off the app over christmas and it never appeared. He rang to follow it up, they had no idea what he was talking about. Poor app, wouldn't recommend.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just a beware of using their 'chip and pin at the door' option. I ordered online recently and selected this option (because of the very steep fee for paying by card online). Pizza duly arrives, however the guy delivering it says they don't do chip and pin at the door! Luckily enough I happened to have cash on me, otherwise I'd imagine he'd have been taking my pizza back to the shop. In fairness, the pizza was delicious, way nicer than the local dominos, so I'd order from them again. However, if you're doing Chip & Pin at the door, and don't have any cash on you, it'd probably be worth ringing first to confirm that your local shop does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

sconhome wrote: »

You'd think from a business point of view they'd be happy to take the hit of the additional cost with the addtional sales / turnover generated from the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭cml387

Some day we're going to look back and have an embarrassed laugh about how every service in the world had an "app" which was somehow supposed to make that service better/tastier/more convenient.

Most do nothing except to take up space in your phone.

Advertisement